Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, no buddy - you invaded Canada, not the other way around. We weren't bothering you. LOL

Like I said, the Brits were the ones bothering us, with little things like naval blockades of our seaports. Canadians were just pawns caught in the middle.

In the end, we got what we wanted, and the US and Canada agreed to share the Great Lakes, and in the long run, things worked out between our countries. Now, that could all change in January of next year, but...

CD

The creation of the Dominion of Canada was 1867 - it doesn't say when they stopped printing all those bills. Plus they certainly weren't U.S. dollars, nor were they probably recognized in Britain even tho they said shillings, etc. More likely to help British coming over to understand the monetary equals.
I could have sworn that I read that those denominations had stopped by the beginning of confederation, but it was that after confederation, only dollar notes were issued, no more shillings. However, the $3 notes were never issued by the Government of Canada or even by a bank making notes for the government.

In 1866, the Province of Canada began issuing its own paper money, in denominations of $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 and $500. The Dominion of Newfoundland issued notes denominated in Newfoundland dollars from 1901 until it joined Confederation in 1949.

Government of Canada​

For a temporary period following Confederation in 1867, Province of Canada notes served as the Dominion of Canada's first national currency, and notes were dispatched from Ontario and Quebec to the other provinces. In 1870, the first Dominion of Canada notes were issued in denominations of 25¢, $1, $2, $500 and $1,000.

Interesting, thanks taxy.
OK, so lets say then that there was a 3 dollar bill - just not one issued by any Government.
Sort of silly though because I also read only Banks issued bills anyhow and they just happen to be on territories destined to become Canada, not the U.S.

LOL - think we better quit while we're ahead before this becomes "political", eh? :-p
I love Canada. I never think about Canada and politics. I just think of Canadians as the nice guys above us with maple syrup blocking the USA from the freezing ice of the north pole. Plus to be quite honest. When I hear or think about Canada I envision the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. They look so handsome in their uniforms.. How you girls can keep your hands off of them I don't know.;)

Oh, and btw, I told all my friends and family that ya'll (Canadians) don't have garbage disposals in your sinks in Canada because it is illegal. They were all as shocked as me. My son wanted to go to Canada and rescue you all. He was pretty fired up about it. It was so funny.

I love Canada. I never think about Canada and politics. I just think of Canadians as the nice guys above us with maple syrup blocking the USA from the freezing ice of the north pole. Plus to be quite honest. When I hear or think about Canada I envision the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. They look so handsome in their uniforms.. How you girls can keep your hands off of them I don't know.;)

Oh, and btw, I told all my friends and family that ya'll (Canadians) don't have garbage disposals in your sinks in Canada because it is illegal. They were all as shocked as me. My son wanted to go to Canada and rescue you all. He was pretty fired up about it. It was so funny.

If you punch a Canadian in the face, they will apologize for putting their face in the way of your fist. :ROFLMAO:

CD

No need to throw out the coffee that was just reheated in the micro-wave -- that earwig did not affect the taste at all, although I do recommend it be removed before drinking.

Back
Top Bottom