The "Show Us What You Got" One Pot Cooking Challenge (NOT a Contest!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cafeteria Noodles! For this go-around - Easy Chicken and Noodles

In a large pot, put in 1 10.5-ounce can of Cream of (whatever) soup. Don't dilute it! For this dish, I used 1 can of Cream of Chicken and Mushroom. (Yes, this is a single can of mixed flavors. However, I have added all kinds of soup, including beef consume and added a 1/2 cup of cream in place of 1/2 cup of liquid. You can make this whatever flavor you want.)

Next add 6 cups of liquid. I typically use water with enough Better-than-Bouillon to equal 6 cups of stock. I like adding some vegetable BTB and some chicken BTB when making chicken and noodles this time. (Bouillon cubes work as does regular stock, but I will use 1/2 the number of bouillon cubes (example 3 cubes for 6 cups of water).) Mix well until the soup clumps are gone.

Add 16 ounces of egg noodles. Stir. (It does not matter if the noodles are not all covered at this point.) Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes while stirring several times. Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let the covered pot simply rest for 10 minutes stirring once after 5 minutes or so.

When the liquid is mostly absorbed, stir in 1 stick of butter (4 ounces) until melted, and add whatever else you plan to add such as leftover rotisserie chicken or cooked broccoli, fresh herbs or fresh cracked pepper...anything.

Cover and let rest another 5 minutes. Serve. This reheats well in the microwave.

One pot. Store that pot in the fridge with leftovers. Scoop on paper plate to reheat and you still have only one pot used!

View attachment 70429
One of my favorite dishes! I could eat this forever!

Veggie Hash-potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, red, green, and yellow peppers.
(add in squash, parsnips, rutabaga, ...your choice)
Bake on parchment for 1 hour 20 minutes at 350 deg F.
honeyprices-001.jpg

And serve with ketchup, or ketchup and balsamic vinegar, or AC vinegar and salt, bbq sauce, or your choice of sauce.
honeyprices-009.jpg

I made a pot of beans, and had rice and beans for dinner tonight. That's a pretty common meal in Texas and much of the Southern US.

1 can Black Beans
1/2 cup rough chopped onions
1 TBSP diced of crushed garlic
Avocado oil
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Chili powder of cayenne pepper to taste (I used homemade chili powder, which is pretty hot)
White rice

Sauté the onions and garlic in avocado oil in a saucepan. Add the beans with the liquid from can. Add seasonings. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with white rice.

1726461753505.jpeg

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom