Tip for those making yogurt in their Instant Pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
For those of you that use your IP to make yogurt, here's something I thought of today, mainly because I didn't have more than 3 empty wide mouth pint jars (more regular ones in the basement, but I like these better for the yogurt). As I was rooting through the cupboard, I saw a 3 cup mason jar, and I remembered that I always have "extra" milk left over, from a half gallon, and adding a half cup of yogurt starter, plus leaving a quarter inch space. I usually try to use it in bread, or something like that, but I thought, maybe I can use one 3 c jar, so I checked, and it fit! And it fit with the 3 wide mouth jars, and when I filled all the pints, and poured the remaining "starter milk" in the 3 c jar, it filled it to ¼" from the top! It's curing, now, and this is something I'll do, from now on.
3 pints plus one 3 cup mason jar, in Instant Pot, making yogurt, from a half gallon of milk. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I like very thick Greek style yogurt. I never use bottles. After cycle is done I strain for 24 hours. Use whey for baking, pancakes/ waffles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom