Saturday dinner, June 8, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Green-spring garlic potato soup and sour dough bread.
20240608_181855.jpg

I'm making drumsticks again. I was going to make hoisin sauce for them, but I really enjoyed them just baked with kosher salt the last time, so that's how I'm making them again. Maybe I'll have a little salad with them, too. And some nice iced tea.

(y)

I love to throw drumsticks or thighs on the grill, just seasoned with k-salt and black pepper. Simple and delicious.

CD

I made some more BB Rib meat tacos, based on my late night snack last night.

Fresh flour tortillas from the HEB bakery, the meat from one BB rib per taco, some queso quesadilla (a melty Mexican cheese similar to Mozzarella), and some thin sliced sweet onions (Texas 1015s).

Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture... again.

CD

Last night I had pan-fried boneless, thin cut strip steak on Italian bread with a light schmear of butter. After the steak was removed from the pan, I placed bread in the pan butter side down to get the fond off the pan and brown it a bit. Had fresh cherries for dessert.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying. That one steak would feed two, correct? That's what you intended. But for me I purchase for me alone, so they are individual steaks that are not sliced off the bone and served.
Aside from the fact I couldn't really afford them with growing kids - I never learned how to cook them to slice like that. Either, in my ignorance, bought the wrong cut, or just plain cooked them wrong. Always came tough - so I never could justify the cost for getting no pleasure.
Now, however, on my own, I'm hitting the bucket list... and learning.

I understand what you are saying. That one steak would feed two, correct? That's what you intended. But for me I purchase for me alone, so they are individual steaks that are not sliced off the bone and served.
Aside from the fact I couldn't really afford them with growing kids - I never learned how to cook them to slice like that. Either, in my ignorance, bought the wrong cut, or just plain cooked them wrong. Always came tough - so I never could justify the cost for getting no pleasure.
Now, however, on my own, I'm hitting the bucket list... and learning.

There are some good YouTube videos on choosing steaks. This guy is a butcher, and his channel if focused on buying meats, and saving money.

CD

Back
Top Bottom