How Do You Access DC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Reading some other threads got me curious about the hardware we use to access Discuss Cooking.

If you don't mind sharing, do you use a . . .

Desktop System
Tablet
Smart Phone
Desktop and Tablet
Desktop and Smart Phone
Tablet and Smart Phone
All Three
Other (Etch-A-Sketch, etc.)

Sorry, couldn't find a a way to make a poll.

I use a MacBook Air almost exclusively. On rare occasions I use my iPhone but don't care for the experience.

Reading some other threads got me curious about the hardware we use to access Discuss Cooking.

If you don't mind sharing, do you use a . . .

Desktop System
Tablet
Smart Phone
Desktop and Tablet
Desktop and Smart Phone
Tablet and Smart Phone
All Three
Other (Etch-A-Sketch, etc.)

Sorry, couldn't find a a way to make a poll.
Yet another option not turned on. :confused:

I use a MacBook Air almost exclusively. On rare occasions I use my iPhone but don't care for the experience.
What is that? A laptop? A tablet?
Mostly MacBook Pro in the living room, but if I am in my office, I use my 27 inch iMac.

CD
Ditto... what?? maybe the 27 inch iMac is a desktop?

I don't see any of those on Andy's original inquiry.

I 90% use my laptop - and if I must I will use my tablet or even less, my phone. All of which are Androids, for those of you who do not realize that their devices are actually desktops, laptops, tablets, phones and etch-a-sketches. Please come back to teh real world.

What is that? A laptop? A tablet?

Ditto... what?? maybe the 27 inch iMac is a desktop?

I don't see any of those on Andy's original inquiry.

I 90% use my laptop - and if I must I will use my tablet or even less, my phone. All of which are Androids, for those of you who do not realize that their devices are actually desktops, laptops, tablets, phones and etch-a-sketches. Please come back to teh real world.

MacBook Air is a very slim and lightweight version of a MacBook (laptop). They are nice, but don't have much storage for files, which makes them impractical for me. I need space for big digital photo files (1TB).

A 27 inch iMac is a desktop Mac with a 27 inch screen. I use it for design work and photo editing.

CD

Tablet, smartphone, and desktop, that order in frequency.

My sister gave me one of her iPad Air tablets last year. That is what she uses for almost everything. I've used it maybe ten times. They use the same IOS as the iPhone, and I'm just not used to using my iPhone for any more than phone calls and text messages.

I do use the iPad for eBooks, including a few cookbooks. It is certainly safer in the kitchen than my very expensive MacBook Pro.

CD

Laptop and very rarely, phone, once in a blue moon, my tablet. Tablet and phone are Android devices. The laptop runs Windows.

LOL - I get such a kick out people who use iPads, iPhones, Mac's. Just can't bring them selves to use the name for what they are.
They are tablets, cellphones, desktop computers. LOL Doesn't matter who makes them they are still tablets, cellphones, desktop computers!

I drive a Van, or I say I drive a car or vehicle - I don't say I drive a Caravan nor do I say I drive a GM or Chrysler.

I wear jeans - I don't say I wear Lee's or B.U.M. or any other brand.
Same with a purse or handbag, I don't say "I'll just grab my Walmart knockoff Gucci and be right with you."

I also watch TV - I don't watch my Samsung, Sony, LG.
I also put things in the oven, not the LG
and I put things in the fridge, not the LG - Can you imagine a recipe that says "spread the batter in the prepared pan evenly and put in the LG for 30 to 35 minutes."

rant over....

LOL - I get such a kick out people who use iPads, iPhones, Mac's. Just can't bring them selves to use the name for what they are.
They are tablets, cellphones, desktop computers. LOL Doesn't matter who makes them they are still tablets, cellphones, desktop computers!

I drive a Van, or I say I drive a car or vehicle - I don't say I drive a Caravan nor do I say I drive a GM or Chrysler.

Same with a purse or handbag, I don't say "I'll just grab my Walmart knockoff Gucci and be right with you."

and I put things in the fridge, not the LG - Can you imagine a recipe that says "spread the batter in the prepared pan evenly and put in the LG for 30 to 35 minutes."

rant over....
I amuse you? 🤔

rant over....

Rant?

It has been part of Apple culture since the first Macintosh (which I had). Back in the 1980s, there were PCs, and there were Macs. As for phones, the iPhone was a game changer. Before it, "smartphones" were only purchased by geeks and big companies for business uses. The Apple iPhone was the first really successful consumer smartphone. At that time, the word iPhone was to smartphones like the word Kleenex is to tissues. When other smartphones first came out, I often heard people call them iPhones, or "my Samsung iPhone."

Something else that has been around since the eighties is people who don't use Apple products griping about them, and the people who do use them. :unsure:

BTW, I wear Wranglers, not jeans (common in Texas), and I drive an Audi Q5, not a mid-size crossover. I wouldn't want someone to get confused and think I drive a BMW. :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom