Wings...how do you like them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]T[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]he original Buffalo Wings, from an Italian restaurant in Buffalo, NY, are 1] cooked in a pizza oven around 750 degrees, 2] are not breaded, 3] and hot pepper is optional in the sauce. [/FONT]

Charcoal grilled to very crisp then coated in Gochujang BBQ sauce

Now that’s a great idea! I have never made them, but I have been to several restaurants that make smoked wings. They are really good, even without any sauce.

I never had Gochujang bbq sauce. I had to google it. It’s sounds yummy. A little sweet heat is how google describes the sauce.

We are trying the oven air fryer again tonight, this time starting at 450 to see how that goes.

Frank. I have tried more than once to make fried wings in an air fryer. While they come out good, they are not the same as deep fried wings. They are more similar to broiled.
I dredge my wings in equal parts of AP flour, rice flour and corn starch then deep fry. This makes for a very crispy wing.
The air fryer cannot do that. I cannot make it do that.
Now, I did not dredge wings for the air fryer. Maybe thats whats wrong. But I cannot see dredging wings and putting them in the air fryer. It just seems wrong.

Frank. I have tried more than once to make fried wings in an air fryer. While they come out good, they are not the same as deep fried wings. They are more similar to broiled.
I dredge my wings in equal parts of AP flour, rice flour and corn starch then deep fry. This makes for a very crispy wing.
The air fryer cannot do that. I cannot make it do that.
Now, I did not dredge wings for the air fryer. Maybe thats whats wrong. But I cannot see dredging wings and putting them in the air fryer. It just seems wrong.

Not Frank here but,

you are correct. Nothing will duplicate deep fried chicken wings.

I do a lot of them, both a/f and oven. If I get "good", I take it as a win.
I would grill but, gas/fire are not allowed in our complex and electric isn't near the same.

Ross

Sadly I don't have a deep fryer that will do 16 whole wings at once.

Now I need to go shopping. :cool:

I've gotten crispy while baking them, but it takes a while. I had hoped the air fryer thing would shorten that. I will keep trying to see if I can get what I want out of them. It's hard work. :yum:

Not Frank here but,
you are correct. Nothing will duplicate deep fried chicken wings.
I do a lot of them, both a/f and oven. If I get "good", I take it as a win.
I would grill but, gas/fire are not allowed in our complex and electric isn't near the same.
Ross

I have so many wings I will do some grilling. Charcoal and gas. And it is a fact we cannot replicate a deep fryer with a air fryer.
The deep fryer IMO is the absolute best way to make wings. In fact my $179 air fryer is rarely used. I have a fry daddy at the ready at all times.
I can fry 10 or more sections at once.

Has anyone here deep fried, or air fried, or oven fried turkey wings? How do they compare to chicken wings?

No I haven't but thanks for the idea. I do make turkey wings and thighs in my dutch oven. I make a BBQ sauce kinda. I highly brown the turkey and saute onions and garlic. I then add thinned down bottled BBQ sauce and into the oven for a couple hours. Its great over mashed potato's.

Back
Top Bottom