Deep Fryer recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like mine, but I can't say I love it. I researched my purchase pretty thoroughly, and the one I bought was the best option at the time, as far as I could see.

CD

Yeah Larry, I can endorse this one, it's a Breville smart fryer. I've had this one for about 8 years and use it a few times a year but I also use it for catering and event situations. The nice thing I found was that it's digital and will indicate when oil has come back up to temp if cooking in batches and it's programable. It's not the cheapest one (279.00 ca) but sometime you do get what you pay for. Replacement parts are also readily available.

tile.jpg

The first deep fryer with a dedicated twice cooked function for super crispy French fries. With an LCD food menu that automatically selects the correct time and temperature and a powerful immersed 1800W element to recover temperature quickly. Also makes adjustments for fresh or frozen ingredients.

https://www.breville.com/ca/en/products/woks-skillets-deep-fryers/bdf500.html?sku=BDF500BSS1BCA1

Last edited:
I prefer to use a pot or pan.

Almost any pan in the cupboard can be pressed into service and I like to fit the pan to the task. A deep frying pan for a piece of fish or a small saucepan for a handful of fresh cut french fries is really all I need. Using a pan suited to the task helps me control the amount of oil and washing a pot is IMO easier than washing a deep fryer.

Last edited:
I use a cast iron wok...
And yes, I can recommend it, but obviously, you gotta stay with it.
No temp control

Fry Daddy. Will fry 8-10 wing sections as an example. It's really just right for 2 people.
No adjustable temp settings. Just plug in, wait 10 minutes and it's ready. It runs about 350-375°. Recovers quickly and only requires 4 cups of oil.
I use mine more than my air fryer.

I had a fryer like caseydog linked. It worked but was more work to clean than a 7-quart LeCrueset which I use now.

I can recommend the T-Fal Ultimate EZ Clean Fryer, simply because it does everything a deep fryer is supposed to do and it's easy to empty so you can clean the parts and replace the oil if necessary, without making too big a mess. I have owned several brands of deep fryers and this one has been the easiest to maintain.
It does, however, have a large oil capacity (almost a gallon), and the last time I changed the oil I filled 4 Ovaltine jars with the old oil. Also, be sure to check the tank before adding oil or you could end up with a puddle of oil on your counter.

T-FAL Ultimate EZ Clean Fryer FR800050

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom