Saturday August 10. What's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep hearing about Duke's mayonnaise. I've never had the opportunity to try it. I'm a lifelong Hellmann's fan.

Another mayonnaise I've heard highly touted and had wanted to try is Kewpie from Japan. Everyone raved about it. Not too long ago I saw it in Costco and bought bottle. I thought it was awful! It tasted like Kraft Miracle Whip.
I've been a lifetime Hellmann's fan too but then: Egg Salad. I wrote this somewhere else, but went to a local lunch cafe and had their egg salad. It was the egg salad that I had been searching for! It was the egg salad sold at a long time gone restaurant where my Aunt Cookie worked! My friend had ties with the place so I set her off to get the recipe. Everything rang true except I was told Duke's Mayo only. So I gave it a try and bought a jar while feeling that my grandmothers on both sides were going to rise up and disinherit me. (Yes, I really felt like a traitor to all cooks in my family.) However, the egg salad was brilliant. I don't eat enough mayo to have two kinds of mayo....and I do love my egg salad....so Duke's is what is in my refrigerator now. Hopefully, I cannot be disinherited from beyond the grave.....

Back
Top Bottom