2023 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@Kathleen ,that looks absolutely delicious.
It turned out to be as good as it looks! The no-bake cheesecake portion was lighter than a baked cheesecake. The crust was crumbly and added a bit of a crunch. The peaches retained their fresh flavor and the glaze was delightfully peachy and not overly sweet.
That's the best reason of all! You get to use a family heirloom. Using something that used to be my Mom's always makes the food taste just a wee bit better. :heart:
I have often believed that food tastes better when served on family dishes. :)
Have you checked out Christina Lane's website, "Desserts for Two"? Just Cooking (Ross - I miss your posts...) mentioned that site a few times. She has worked hard to downsize family recipes from lots of servings to just two (or, maybe four, if you exercise self-control). I've made a number of her recipes and we've always been pleased. And everything she bakes is cute! :stuart: She even has recipes for non-dessert foods. I personally haven't bothered with those...
I think @dragnlaw mentioned that site to me before. I'll check it out. Small non-dessert foods....hmmm....perhaps for a 2 qt crockpot? :D

It turned out to be as good as it looks! The no-bake cheesecake portion was lighter than a baked cheesecake. The crust was crumbly and added a bit of a crunch. The peaches retained their fresh flavor and the glaze was delightfully peachy and not overly sweet.

I have often believed that food tastes better when served on family dishes. :)

I think @dragnlaw mentioned that site to me before. I'll check it out. Small non-dessert foods....hmmm....perhaps for a 2 qt crockpot? :D
Can you post a link to the no bake cheesecake recipe. Please

Pizza.

20221224_211334.jpg

I saw this in the September edition of the Sainsburys food mag and thought it looks truly delicious! I'm not much of a one for eating sweet things, nor indeed that much of a baker, but I am going to have to give this a go. Unfortunately, the recipe serves "8 - 10" which is far too much, so I am going to have to adapt it. I have ordered some individual tart tins and will probably do about half the recipe.
Peach Pie Pic.jpg

Peach Pie Recipe.jpg

I won't be using fresh peaches - UK peaches are invariably hard, and sour! So I think tinned peaches makes sense. I bet this is nothing like authentic - but it looks so nice I just have to give it a go!

I saw this in the September edition of the Sainsburys food mag and thought it looks truly delicious! I'm not much of a one for eating sweet things, nor indeed that much of a baker, but I am going to have to give this a go. Unfortunately, the recipe serves "8 - 10" which is far too much, so I am going to have to adapt it. I have ordered some individual tart tins and will probably do about half the recipe. View attachment 65981
View attachment 65982

I won't be using fresh peaches - UK peaches are invariably hard, and sour! So I think tinned peaches makes sense. I bet this is nothing like authentic - but it looks so nice I just have to give it a go!
Looks so good. But I can't read the recipe.
:(

Oh my aching bones... LOL Katy, that recipe has truly been translated into "British".

Ginger nut, digestive or hobnob biscuit

msmofet, I've have to really really squint, but can just make it out.

oh, gather ye thy ginger nuts!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom