Are we all on diets tonight? Sunday, June 23.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pictonguy, gads I'm a dim-wit, yes, I have heard of them being served in mushroom caps. Have never done it that way. Have a can in the pantry waiting for me to find someone to have with. Garlic butter, herbs (usually parsley) bit of grated parm and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs is my go to.

I think many people fail to realize you need to rinse them from the cans - several times! I often open the day before, rinse, rinse before going to bed, rinse once or twice the next day. Same with bamboo shoots, baby corn, etc. They have a really funky taste if you don't.

Maybe even a few restaurant fail to do it, who knows.

Yesterday was our 40th wedding anniversary 🎊

DH wasn't feeling well and just wanted something cool to eat, so I made tuna pasta salad and served it over salad greens.

I found these gorgeous Danube Wave cakes at Aldi and we had them for dessert. Butter cake, Morello cherries, whipped cream and chocolate ganache. Yum.

View attachment 69738
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary.

Pictonguy, gads I'm a dim-wit, yes, I have heard of them being served in mushroom caps. Have never done it that way. Have a can in the pantry waiting for me to find someone to have with. Garlic butter, herbs (usually parsley) bit of grated parm and a sprinkle of breadcrumbs is my go to.

I think many people fail to realize you need to rinse them from the cans - several times! I often open the day before, rinse, rinse before going to bed, rinse once or twice the next day. Same with bamboo shoots, baby corn, etc. They have a really funky taste if you don't.

Maybe even a few restaurant fail to do it, who knows.
Frozen escargot are FAR superior to canned

Have never seen frozen escargot. Will have to look. Are they iIndividually frozen (loose)?
That would be great, take as many aa you need.

Had them once and they were certainly nothing to write home about! Also in the shells - I did keep the shells :mrgreen:

Only had them that one time, find they are just too easy to make ahead (I did a day ahead) - pop into the oven later to serve.

Here's a tip for those of you who don't realize (I'm sure most of you do) When heating something like a French Onion Soup or Escargot in a hot oven, place a napkin (even paper towels) on the serving plate to put the hot dish on. Saves an accidental cracking of a plate (hot vs cold) and sometimes makes the dishes less likely to slide across slop and/or burn a finger or two.

Back
Top Bottom