What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It "only" got up to 30°C (86°F) here, but it felt like 40°C (104°F). I have just stayed inside with the air conditioning.

I told it to use °F, so the Mericans can understand.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 20-35-27 Dollard-des-Ormeaux Quebec Hourly Weather Forecast - The Wea...png

At the Service Centres along the highway it was registering 95f (35c) - don't know what the 'feels like' temp was - but it was nasty. Very humid and hazy. Hard on the eyes driving.

It got to 92° here today, dewpoint 70° or more, and just after 6 pm it started raining...hard! It rained .82", in about 25 minutes. Originally it didn't look like it was going to be hard here, but a front opened up just on this side of the river (usually it's the other way around!). Not as heavy as many of the places, but still helping some, with the rain deficit.

One summer my daughter, about 3 yrs old, waiting with me in the car... for something, suddenly called out to me "Mommy! we're melting!"
and yeah, that was pre-airconditioned cars.

One summer my daughter, about 3 yrs old, waiting with me in the car... for something, suddenly called out to me "Mommy! we're melting!"
and yeah, that was pre-airconditioned cars.
I remember those days!

My grandmother had a 1963 Ford Galaxy with metal buttons on the back of the seats that turned into branding irons during the hottest days of summer.

Remember plastic seat covers? Those were rather horrible to sit on in summer while wearing shorts.
That's the reason why I never get the upgrade with leather seats when we buy a new car for me.

The temperature outside is 87F/30C right now. I've been inside for most of the day.

That's the reason why I never get the upgrade with leather seats when we buy a new car for me.

The temperature outside is 87F/30C right now. I've been inside for most of the day.
Leather seats don't do that thing the plastic ones do. I really like my leather car seats and I adore my seat heaters when it's cold.

I was out there twice today, and both times it was 92°, with 68° dewpoint, and it was not pleasant out there. The first time there was no wind, making it even worse, while the second time there was a breeze, making it bearable for a longer time.

So, I whined for rain and now we have it. Everything was growingly slowly because of draught. Now it is due to rain - except for the cucumbers which are loving life. It's hot and then rains which immediately turns to steam making outside miserably muggy.

Sounds familiar @Kathleen! The weeds are back to growing!

I was getting ready to go out in the garden, since between 3:30 and 4 pm the shade comes over the garden for a couple of hours, but right about 3:30 the sky opened up, and the thunder started! It's gotten brighter already, and only rained .11" in 15 minutes, but everything is wet, so I can't be handling anything out there. Those brief storms are showing up all over the area, and tomorrow it is supposed to be cooler, but with more frequent storms.

And now it's getting darker, and I hear the thunder again...

We are expecting some of those storms here over the next week or so. For Montreal area we expect 40-70 mm (1.5"-2.8") in a period of 48 hours starting sometime Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday it started to cool down. By evening it was beautiful to sit out side, tiny gentle breeze, surprisingly few bugs! Was able to open the windows and left them open all night!
It will start to warm up again around noon, ergo windows shut and depending maybe the a/c will go back on.
Rain expected on or about 7pm and on and off from there on in. Won't cool it down though.

First time in 5 days it didn't get in the 90s, but the humidity was super-high again - dewpoint in the mid-70s. I got what I could get done outside, and got things secured, since they were predicting that it would get very windy, but it didn't seem to get windy here.

It turned almost black outside at about 5:45 pm, due to the heavy rain, though the rain didn't really show up here until about 6:00, and now it's pouring. The line is not moving fast, and it is not missing anywhere, like those spotty things the last couple of days. I'm hearing a lot of thunder, though not real close this time. In just over 20 minutes, from when the rain started here, it rained .93" - it lightened up some, but it's still heavy. Ended up 1.15" by 6:45, probably more by the time it's going to quit.

This was a first for me. I got a tornado watch in my email this morning and a follow up a bit later:

8FZXecmDSANV6RpkWs-gt2gzwd-0h_gcyQbcqN2ETJO5xv62679xzVbkTz85CrXim_7sFcgLqo1VrE_9aGW8caBQqYICIOk=s0-d-e1-ft

oYChXQYIylPmjCRhoNdPHDJqOvRAUDi74kc5LqQ6AWc-xr9N9QZnMRqJk-7EvN7VDsHTxL2A72mYFNz23cHO860F=s0-d-e1-ft

Tornado Warning​

y3j7yDg6cTxRMGaxgVEeJmidrMUrWLL5wxRb-lR-asdvZZu-5CQBHUaxe-HAw3aW0moAwWd4KRQMMkkqMOqS6Zb5omY=s0-d-e1-ft

Montreal Island area​

Issued at 15:35 Thursday 13 July 2023

At 3:35 p.m. EDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that is possibly producing a tornado. Damaging winds, large hail and locally intense rainfall are also possible. Doppler radar indicates a potential tornado near Vaudreuil moving north-east. ### This is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening situation. Tornado warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing tornadoes. Find out more ›

And we have been having the thunder, heavy rain, dark skies, and our power was out for about an just before the tornado warning made my phone scream. Then the power came back. The weather is looking a lot calmer now, but there are thunderstorms in the forecast for a bit later this afternoon and evening.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom