What's your weather right now? 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Windy!!! Peak gusts up to 70 MPH!! I'm surprised that we still have power, knock on wood & all that. Speaking of wood, a huge tree came down, across the street from our house. One of those double trees, that should have been taken down years ago. Part of it split and fell down in their yard. Part is still standing. I feel kind of bad, as I just commented on the dangers of that tree yesterday!

Why would you feel bad? One of those Century Trees came down on the house here. In a storm... in May... and all the repairs have still not been done here. I've also heard reports of other homes still not even started with their repairs.
have a security video of my granddaughter playing on the deck, then lost 2 minutes on the video, when next the video started up, the tree was on the deck.

When you see something dangerous - don't be afraid to speak up!!!

I feel bad, because I'm silly? They have known about the tree. There are a number of those "split top" trees around. We see them in many, many yards up and down the street. They talk about them on the news, etc. I guess, I could write a letter and put it in mailboxes, but technically, that is illegal (only USPS can put something in a mailbox). I tend to mind my own stuff...

On the other hand, we've paid to have a number of dangerous trees removed from our property. They are living things...and they don't live forever. I would rather take them down before they fall down.

I do remember your tree/storm issue. Sorry it isn't completely resolved, but glad that it was not worse!

Here on the Island of (Montreal, it's currently -5°C (23°F), so not that cold. The snow has stopped. We got about 25-30 cm (~10-12 inches). I can hear the landscaping crew clearing the snow from the walkways and plaza. They came by earlier and shovelled a path for walking. Now they are doing the big job with machines.

I don't know about you guys, but it's 2023 in my part of the world. :unsure:

Just sort of a reflex. Someone posted here, recently, so I replied here. D'oh! :doh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom