What's your weather right now? 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, we did get that snow that was promised. 10 cm (4") at the Montreal Airport, which is 7.30 km (4.54 mi) from me, according to Google maps. It's really pretty and we enjoyed the gentle white light that all that snow reflected. We will appreciate it less and less as the season progresses. It's currently 0°C (32°F) and feels like -5°C (23°F).

We got the snow yesterday too. How is it that the main snow shoveler just "happens" to be away? That was heavy snow to shovel. I didn't do the whole deck, left what's going to be hard and solid for when he gets back.
He might be lucky and today's snow will soften it, Don't know how much we'll get but hope not enough to shovel?

I can't complain. Our temperature at 9a.m. is high 40's with sunshine. The high today is predicted to be mid-50s. The next week will supposedly keep warming, with Thanksgiving Day being in the 60's. Only one day with a chance of rain this coming week.
After living in upstate NY for 25 years, I do not miss snow and cold.

Well, we got our second snow of the season. It's not too cold, 0°C (32°F) and feels like -3°C (27°F). I took some pictures out my front door and back doors. It's day two of this snow storm. There was no snow on the ground on the day before yesterday.

Attachments

• 2022-12-16 Snow view out the back door.jpg
    2022-12-16 Snow view out the back door.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 2022-12-16 Snow view out the front door.jpg
    2022-12-16 Snow view out the front door.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2022-12-17 more snow out the front door.jpg
    2022-12-17 more snow out the front door.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 7
  • 2022-12-17 after the snow clearing guys went by.jpg
    2022-12-17 after the snow clearing guys went by.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I'm in Vancouver, so it rarely snows and doesn't get very cold. It was supposed to snow today, but like the last few days, it's been sunny and really nice. No rain, around 4C, or 40F, today.

It's supposed to snow Sunday morning, turn to rain in the afternoon, and get really cold by Tuesday. By really cold, I mean -7C, which is 19F. That is really cold here. The last few days have been very nice so not complaining!

For our region, cold as a witches'...well, never mind. 'Bout 19F right now and predicted to stay this way for at least 10 days with Mother Nature taking a chill pill into the single digits. Our poor and beautiful rosemary plant on the breezeway looks like it's been mummified.

I even broke out my L.L. Bean kitty slippers last night...and I am NEVER cold. At least we can pile on the layers.

LOL, bundle up Katie!
We're supposed to get a bit of snow later this morning. Yesterday was a high of 34 (1c), today supposed to be 30 (-1c) with low of 25 (-4c) tonight. Pretty much like that all of this coming week. Snow on Fri and Sat which will also be a tad colder and easier for to the reindeer to fly.

A bit warmer than in my old haunts on the farm but not by much.

Winter Soltice is today for the Northern Hemisphere! This Wednesday is the shortest day of the year.
We are going to have a high of 32 F (0 c) and possible rain. Don't think we'll have a white Christmas this year. :(

The weather gods must have read my previous post about not missing cold and snow. We will be getting an arctic blast moving in Thursday afternoon, and then two days of freezing temperatures with the wind chill taking the temperatures to minus numbers.
We have prepared as much as we can and will bring in our cat (who is rapidly becoming an indoor cat!). The hens have heat lamps and plenty of scratch and a heat lamp on their waterer to keep it liquid. The two remaining herb plants are in the workshop, and IF the electricity stays on, we'll be okay.

I'm dreaming of a while Christmas...a hundred miles north and west of here!:ROFLMAO:
That storm, that is burying much of the north and mid-west in snow, is giving us a lot of rain, starting tomorrow. And overnight, Thursday into Friday, it will be getting warmer, getting well into the 50s, then suddenly turning cold, and overnight Friday, it is supposed to get to 14°! And not out of the 20s for highs, the next 3 days.

Today we have a high of 1°C (34°F). We still have enough snow from the previous snow dump to have a white Solstice. Happy Solstice to everyone else who celebrates it. I follow a weather guy on Patreon. He specializes in Quebec weather. He says that, starting Thursday evening, the weather will go “coo coo caca”. We may get freezing rains. We will be getting lots of rain, followed by snow squalls and possibly a lot of snow. We will get wind gusts in the 80-100 km/hr range. He is advising that anyone who doesn't absolutely need to be on the road, not travel. We cancelled our plans to visit the in-laws in Cornwall, ON. It's going to be a dangerous nightmare on the roads for this holiday season. This is part of a humongous weather system affecting a lot of North America.

That big arctic mass is on its way to Texas, too. Low of 13F/-11C on Friday morning, but no precipitation. It won't be as bad as "The Big Freeze" a few years ago, as it won't be around that long.

CD

Our day started at 23 deg F and some flurries. By 6 or 7 pm we'll be in the minus digits. Then it just gets worse with winds 30-40 mph here in Wisconsin, and not like Buffalo NY at 50-60 mph winds! Some snow and dangerously low temperatures. We start our self-imposed 3-day lockdown to avoid the dangerous driving and temperatures--Thursday, Friday, and Christmas Eve day. Hopefully, we'll have warmer temperatures and less wind on Christmas.

Last edited:
Not that cold here at the moment -6°C (21°F) and feels like -14°C (7°F). We are expecting snow starting at around 19h and changing to freezing rain and then rain tomorrow morning. We are also expecting wind gusts over 100 km/h. Big concerns about power outages with wind like that. Good chance of flash freezing too. We are even expecting snow squalls coming all the way from Lake Huron. This is a big and dangerous weather system.

We are also putting ourselves on a three day lockdown.

@taxlady, We'll be running a free class over the cold weather snap.
Snow shoveling class. - Free
This Friday through Sunday I am offering a Christmas special. For 3 days only I will be coaching the proper way to do snow removal at my home. Contact me with your desired timeslot and I will provide the address. Please bring the shovel you would normally use at home.

We're facing the arrival of the big storm that's been crossing the country. Based on the amount of TV time it's getting on the news, the end of the world is imminent.

Just watching the 11:00 news. The opening salvo is about the weather. Then we go to a reporter standing outside in the rain (always struck me as silly), then we interview the shoppers, then we go to the airports. Then there's other news. Then there's a full weather report. Then there's more news and we wrap up with a weather recap.

Is this a New England obsession or are people this crazy about the weather elsewhere too?

We're facing the arrival of the big storm that's been crossing the country. Based on the amount of TV time it's getting on the news, the end of the world is imminent.

Just watching the 11:00 news. The opening salvo is about the weather. Then we go to a reporter standing outside in the rain (always struck me as silly), then we interview the shoppers, then we go to the airports. Then there's other news. Then there's a full weather report. Then there's more news and we wrap up with a weather recap.

Is this a New England obsession or are people this crazy about the weather elsewhere too?
This is likely an historic storm. When the weather can kill you, it's not hard to be a little obsessed about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom