Sunday July 7, 2024 - The Party's over....what did you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
Pickled beets, garden string beans with new potatoes, chicken and mushroom cafeteria noodles, oven-roasted okra and eggplant, and cornbread for us! How about you?

20240707_170517 (1).jpg

Late lunch of shrimp, hard-boiled egg sandwich on sourdough bread. So now it's just been potato chips, cut up fresh juicy orange ... and wine.
Still have to water the garden but am seriously thinking it will just have to be done in morning. Tough enuf I have to wait til dark and make sure all the girls got inside before the door closed on them... they better learn the routine soon!

Yesterday, I used about 2/3 of a pork tenderloin and have some leftovers. Today, I used the other 1/3 for a different Danish dish. This one is called "mørbradbøffer med bløde løg". That's (pork) tenderloin steaks with soft onions. Danes call any small, fried piece of meat a steak. In English they would be called medallions. Anyways, I served that with the Danish potato salad that I'm about halfway though, and cucumber salad. At the last minute, I pulled the hot antipasto/giardiniera out of the fridge too. It was very interesting with the cucumber salad. I had an orange for dessert.

Sautéed pork tenderloin medallions under soft onions, with potato salad and cucumber salad sm.jpg

My party's just starting, with all these tomatoes! There won't be many meals when I won't be eating them in some form.

I finished that pasta dish for breakfast, that I made the other day with a bunch of tomatoes. Later, I made my first batch of that lentil salad I make every year, once the tomatoes start ripening. The habaneros are from the freezer from last year, plus an Aji Dulce, for more of the flavor, but less heat. As always, I cooked some chana dal in the Instant Pot, on Slowcook medium, and after 30 minutes, added a half cup of rinsed freekeh - my favorite grain in this, and finished it at 2 hours and 10 minutes, then drained, while getting everything ready for it - the olive oil, red wine vinegar, habaneros, cilantro, garlic chives, feta, pine nuts, and close to 6 c of tomatoes.
Chana dal and freekah, cooked in Instant Pot on slowcook medium for 130 minutes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Lentil salad, before stirring all the ingredients in, and adding almost 6 cups of tomatoes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished lentil salad, after eating my first bowl of it for the season. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom