Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K-Girl, that gift is so lame! :D That's one kitchen tool I want each time I make bread. With my (lack of) memory, though, I never think of it when Himself asks me what I want for Christmas. I need to start a list.

It's hot outside, but I always figure that if I want to bake bread I can - because we have air conditioning. Although I have been thinking of putting the toaster oven on the sun room table and baking a loaf out there. OR...I could use the dashboard in the car. :ermm: The local news just showed one of the weathermen outside baking chocolate chip cookies in his car.

Here's my brand new & freshly-seasoned Darto 20 cm carbon steel pan.

It's pressed out of a 2.5 mm (about 1/8") sheet of carbon steel. No rivets or welds to catch bits of food or grease. Thinking about getting their paella pan next! and maybe a 27 cm.. and... maybe another something or other...

Attachments

• darto_rotated.jpg
    darto_rotated.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 9
Just got a set of four steak knives from Amazon. The look great, are super sharp, look like my Henkels Pro S knives and are sharpened to the same angle that I use for all my other knives!

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 4
Just got a set of four steak knives from Amazon. The look great, are super sharp, look like my Henkels Pro S knives and are sharpened to the same angle that I use for all my other knives!
Nice. I've been wanting to get some new steak knives. Maybe these will go on the Christmas list.

Andy, those look nice enough that I should invite you, your SO, and your four knives over for dinner tonight - I bought a nice steak from our butcher yesterday. Except I didn't know I might need more steak, so I bought just enough for Himself and me. Maybe next time, OK? ;)

Andy, those look nice enough that I should invite you, your SO, and your four knives over for dinner tonight - I bought a nice steak from our butcher yesterday. Except I didn't know I might need more steak, so I bought just enough for Himself and me. Maybe next time, OK? ;)
I look forward to it!

SO's son is visiting for a couple of days so I did a big ribeye Sous Vide with mashed potatoes and green beans.

They look great! Can you please post a link to the Amazon page for those knives.

P.S. — I ordered a set of four unserrated knives that you mentioned in the past. I can sharpen them and I love them. These new knives look nicer.

Chicago Cutlery B144 4pc Walnut Tradition Steak Knife Set

41moRRyB3WL._AC_.jpg

I just got a Sparkel soda maker. Just made my first soda and it is everything I hoped it would be. I chose this unit as it doesn't require the purchase (& return) of a C02 cylinder. Instead, it uses a combination of Citric Acid and Baking soda to do the carbonation. You can make all sorts of sodas, buy flavorings or make your own. There are recipes on the website. Most anything is game, except oil stuff.

I've wanted one for some time now. I/we don't consume HFCS products. Finally jumped on it after looking at the prices of some of the "designer" (real sugar) sodas out there. Bonus, I can make soda without any sweeteners too! I think I'm going to enjoy this thing a lot!

IMG_6699.JPG

That Sparkle looks interesting, Ginny.
I'm having fun with it! Today, I made Root Beer. It is very good! I like that I can tailor it to my taste. Root Beer is an important one to have on hand for those Root Beer floats with homemade vanilla ice cream!

The "water enhancers" work well too. I'm working my way up to using the "recipes" from the Sparkel site. Lots of interesting recipes! And things like using fresh ginger, herbs and fruits. Fun!

Back
Top Bottom