Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one almost exactly like that. I have had it for about five years. Back then, there was no option for variable speed. I use the whisk for whipping cream and for beating egg whites. I use the mini food processor for stuff that doesn't need a bigger food processor. Of course, I also use it for soup and use the beaker for pureeing stuff that isn't already in a pot and for whisking the stuff that won't get too big for the bekaer. I love mine. I think this is my third stick blender as well.

Hmmm...the Painkiller sounds interesting!? It is likely something DH would love. I, on the other hand, went on a trip to Mexico with a GF, back in the early '90s and let's just say I was never the same again.

I love my immersion blender, too! I had two in the beginning that burned out - Cuisinart, but they were weak (300 w I think?). Got a replacement for the first, but didn't bother after the same thing happened. I also had a cordless - liked the convenience, but that just didn't have the power; hopefully, they've improved them. This last one I got is a Viking - one of those 500 w, SS models a lot have now, and I also got the mini processor (hardly used at all) and whip (used that a lot more) with it. It's about 15 years old, with little signs of wear.
Something I really like to use this for, besides the usual things, is making Thai curry pastes. I learned early on that Food Processors don't do these very well, as some tough things, like chili skins, can bounce around in the container for several minutes, but still not grind up. The Vitamix grinds it up very smooth, but needs a little extra water, to circulate. With this, I put all of the ingredients in a 2 c glass (one from one of those burned out blenders does best!), and just start pushing the blender up and down, until it is blended somewhat smooth - much like doing it in a mortar by hand, but quicker!

I have an Oster. It also has all those attachments. I use the stick most of all, either in a cooking pot or in the tall beaker, then the food processor bucket for small jobs. Don't think I've ever used the whip, just have never thought about it, have other stuff for eggs, etc.

I had a couple of stick blender in the past, and didn't find them very powerful. Then I got a Bamix Pro about 15 years ago. The added power makes a huge difference! It's still going strong after all those years.

Remember that Watts don't mean anything. They are a measure of how much energy is used. Kind of like some cars get 20 MPG, some 30MPG, some 40MPG. It doesn't necessarily mean that one has more power than another - it's just a measure of energy used. You have to look at other measures, such as RPM to measure it's effectiveness.

@Kaneohegirlinaz It looks like yours has good power. You're going to love it.

Last edited:
My cordless is a KitchenAid Pro Line and I have no issues with it. If you could see where the outlets are in my kitchen, or maybe more importantly, where they are not, you would understand my need for a cordless! It came with a great assortment of attachments and a case to hold all of them too. That case lives on top on my Showtime Rotisserie in the panty. Easy to find what I want to use.

Butter pecan, maple walnut, and coffee ice cream are my favorite.

DH gave me this KitchenAid ice cream maker and recipe book for Christmas. I haven't used it yet. Looking forward to trying different flavor combinations.
View attachment 63077
Homemade ice cream is so good! I had fun with fresh fruits this past summer: blueberry, raspberry, peach, cherry. My favorite, though, has been black walnut. They don't sell it up here. Now I don't have to wait for a trip to OH before I can have some. Have fun!

MANGO!!! MINT with tiny chocolate shavings!

My biggest problem is, I don't normally indulge in ice-cream, so when I make it - I devour the whole thing! Not to mention that I use whole fat whipping creme, :confused:.

You guys got me thinkin' about that wonderful fresh Orange Sherbet that I made ... ummm ... when was that again?
I went searching and found it back in August.
IMG_1966.JPG
And I racked my brain again to find the recipe ... Alton Brown!
@GinnyPNW you are so right!
Once you have homemade, it's hard to settle for store-bought.
I know it's the depth of Winter right now, I soooooooooooooooooooo want this dish of Sherbet!

Pssst! @Kaneohegirlinaz - I say, Sherbet knows no seasons! :clap:
I gotta make room in one of the freezers to put the Ice Cream Maker liner in to freeze.
It's the season for Cara Cara Oranges, which are are DELICIOUS! I just bought an 8 pound bag of them at Costco and that gave me the thought too as to making Orange Sherbet. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom