Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just bought a bucket of strawberries from a local farm! Can you please share the recipe you used? TIA!
Awww, I'm sorry.
Being old and feeble, I now use canned pie fillings.
I'm certain you have a recipe for pie filling and I will post how I put it together to bake

This is just out of the a/f.
IMG_20220430_133345304.jpg

My dump cake.
Air Fryer Dump Cake for 2
This is how I make it for 2 of us in a 5X8 pan, lightly sprayed with oil.
1 21oz can pie filling, any one you like.
1/2 of 15oz boxed cake mix, your choice.
1 stick (1/4 lb) melted butter.
Spread filling in bottom of pan.
Sprinkle cake mix, evenly, on top of filling.
Cover cake mix with melted butter.
Preheat a/f, on bake (or a/f if you don't have bake feature) to 320F.
Set time for 30 minutes.
Bake, checking @ 20 minutes with toothpick.
Cake should have browned and filling bubbled up a bit.

Last edited:
I got a couple new goodies for the kitchen. One is the kebab maker that GinnyPNW has - I will try it out for the first time tomorrow.
View attachment 51612

The other is a set of three Wilton mini loaf pans. I like nuts - especially pecans - in quick breads but DH does not. I can't believe it took me this long to figure out how to get around that [emoji38]

For the test run, I verified that one recipe for a regular 9x5x3-inch loaf pan fits and bakes perfectly in the three mini pans. This is Alison Roman's chocolate banana bread.
View attachment 51613
View attachment 51614

Bread looks wonderful. How many inches are the mini pans? I have 2 size mini pans.

Awww, I'm sorry.
Being old and feeble, I now use canned pie fillings.
I'm certain you have a recipe for pie filling and I will post how I put it together to bake

We used to be able to buy cake mies in paper pouches that were one layer cakes. In other words half the amount of the boxed mixes. That's what we used for dump cakes during the 60/70's. Haven't seen them since, too bad as I would much prefer to make dump cake without having to split the cake mix. It was so handy for quick desserts. Open can, dump mix, melt butter, bake. Dump cake was and still is a perfect name for it.

and I'll keep on because... :pig:

We used to be able to buy cake mies in paper pouches that were one layer cakes. In other words half the amount of the boxed mixes. That's what we used for dump cakes during the 60/70's. Haven't seen them since, too bad as I would much prefer to make dump cake without having to split the cake mix. It was so handy for quick desserts. Open can, dump mix, melt butter, bake. Dump cake was and still is a perfect name for it.

and I'll keep on because... :pig:

I've not seen single layer cake mixes. Would save me a bit of work. :ermm:

Ross

You can still find the old Jiffy cake mix for a single layer cake in the "Golden" flavor. Sometimes even in the Chocolate too. I find them at Walmart, usually on the top shelf, near but not in the Cake Mix section. I use it to make Strawberry Trifle. If you don't have a Walmart, it can be found online too.

Golden_Yellow_Cake-Left-r13.jpg

You can still find the old Jiffy cake mix for a single layer cake in the "Golden" flavor. Sometimes even in the Chocolate too. I find them at Walmart, usually on the top shelf, near but not in the Cake Mix section. I use it to make Strawberry Trifle. If you don't have a Walmart, it can be found online too.

View attachment 51626

Interesting. I'm certain I've seen those but didn't pay attention as I was still in "from scratch" mode.
I will check this out. Thank you. :)

Ross

I've been looking for this for a long time, at least one that really works!

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

And boy howdy doody, it sure does work really well!

I used my Microplane brand cut resistant glove for because, that's a very scrap blade on that peeler!

IMG_1619.jpg

I made a stir fry of those julienne Carrots with some leftover Snow Peas as our veg last night.

IMG_1617 (2).jpg

A parcel arrived from Lee Valley Tools this afternoon. I haven't had a chance to look at everything yet. I'll do that after supper and probably post some pix.

I'm thinking about getting one of those OXO julienners too. For most salads, I prefer to thinly slice carrot so there is more texture to the salad, but for slaws and for some quick cooking stuff, julienned is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom