Heinz Every Sauce released across the pond???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
How to ruin a good sauce. I hope the deciding factor from across the pond is to dump that idea.
Reminds me of my ex. Making chili and making spaghetti sauce were all the same to him. He wanted everything in there. Couldn't understand that tasting all the same was sort of defeating the purpose of making two different dishes.

I'd taste it just for the heck of it. But with so many different sauces combined together, how are you supposed to distinguish one flavor from another? Seems a bit overkill'ish to me.

And they have truffle mayo??? Interesting.

May have mentioined this before but I LOVE Olive Oil infused with Truffles. AND I don't care if they are real or imitation truffles - the taste is divine. First had Truffle infused mashed potatoes and thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
Unfortunately the oil will turn quickly so buy only small amounts. But do try it, worth every penny.

I ordered this white truffle from Italy and used it for a special occasion weekend in a breakfast dish and a pasta dish. This particular truffle was just over 300.00 Canadian and for our group it was determined, well worth it. If you ever have an opportunity to have fresh white truffle and you feel comfortable paying the premium prices, then I encourage you.
20201031_184638 (1).jpg

May have mentioined this before but I LOVE Olive Oil infused with Truffles. AND I don't care if they are real or imitation truffles - the taste is divine. First had Truffle infused mashed potatoes and thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
Unfortunately the oil will turn quickly so buy only small amounts. But do try it, worth every penny.
I was going to ask about truffle oil here. Not to ask about the various brands or what to look for, so much as to ask what people use it for.

I am seriously considering getting this one with my weekly basket from Lufa Farms. I have to decide by midnight Monday.

I was going to ask about truffle oil here. Not to ask about the various brands or what to look for, so much as to ask what people use it for.

I am seriously considering getting this one with my weekly basket from Lufa Farms. I have to decide by midnight Monday.

I would be leery of this product as a reliable representation of truffle " plant distillates to reproduce the fragrance and taste of fresh Appalachian truffles" basically distillates are heated, steamed mostly to extact essential oils then they add it to sunflower oil and for 23.00 for 100ml, that's not cheap. I can't comment on Appalachian truffles but suspect there is probably a big difference to the French and Italian truffles.

I don't use truffle oils myself because they tend to be too "in your face" and generally not a good representation of natural truffles and have never used them in any restaurant. I was however gifted a decent balsamic vinegar with truffle from Italy that was not too bad. Maybe look for an Italian product, I believe you might have beter luck considering many companies have been making these products for a very long time, but, just a guess.

I would be leery of this product as a reliable representation of truffle " plant distillates to reproduce the fragrance and taste of fresh Appalachian truffles" basically distillates are heated, steamed mostly to extact essential oils then they add it to sunflower oil and for 23.00 for 100ml, that's not cheap. I can't comment on Appalachian truffles but suspect there is probably a big difference to the French and Italian truffles.

I don't use truffle oils myself because they tend to be too "in your face" and generally not a good representation of natural truffles and have never used them in any restaurant. I was however gifted a decent balsamic vinegar with truffle from Italy that was not too bad. Maybe look for an Italian product, I believe you might have beter luck considering many companies have been making these products for a very long time, but, just a guess.
Oh, I know it doesn't have any actual truffle in it. But, I have read that many truffle oils have a tiny amount of actual truffle that doesn't actually contribute to the taste, but it's there so they can truthfully say there is real truffle in the oil.

The only truffles that I have tasted are the chocolate kind. ;)

Oh, I know it doesn't have any actual truffle in it. But, I have read that many truffle oils have a tiny amount of actual truffle that doesn't actually contribute to the taste, but it's there so they can truthfully say there is real truffle in the oil.

The only truffles that I have tasted are the chocolate kind. ;)
Same here. And they are sooooooooooo good.

I've only purchased it twice - use it mainly in mash potato and various egg dishes. I know I used it in other things but honestly don't remember what.
Used sparingly, it is a mild taste but be careful as it is deceiving when cold - aroma and flavours become more pronounced with heat.

I don't have any right now, can't give you a name. Believe it was Italian or French. Haven't looked for it since moving here.

Back
Top Bottom