Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering how she and Souschef are doing. I know they have a blog of their travels and the link is somewhere here, but I have no idea where. I was hoping to have a peek at the blog and see if they are updating it.
They ended their travel blog, because the website they were using went ka-putt ... but here's a link:
I sure hope to "see" @Souschef and @Kayelle (heh! @dragnlaw how come there's no link for Kayelle for a mention? - edit - never mind, it's there, I just couldn't see it)

They ended their travel blog, because the website they were using went ka-putt ... but here's a link:
I sure hope to "see" @Souschef and @Kayelle (heh! @dragnlaw how come there's no link for Kayelle for a mention? - edit - never mind, it's there, I just couldn't see it)
Well, the site is up. Their "about" page has a 2018 update that says that they won't be doing any more long trips and imply that they won't be posting after that. But, there are email addies on the contact page.

@taxlady Souschef mentioned a while ago that the website hosting their travels blog was ceasing operations but everyone's blog would be archived for reading. You can find the blog at stevekathytravels.com

We were ordered by the bride to be at the wedding venue by noon...for pictures. So far she's still having her hair styled and we get to watch the finishing touches being put on the dining area.
20221014_122242.jpg

We were ordered by the bride to be at the wedding venue by noon...for pictures. So far she's still having her hair styled and we get to watch the finishing touches being put on the dining area.
View attachment 62121
The bride and groom create a schedule for every activity on their special day. Then just one vendor screws up/is late and the whole thing goes out the window. Enjoy the day.

The bride and groom create a schedule for every activity on their special day. Then just one vendor screws up/is late and the whole thing goes out the window. Enjoy the day.
It was more the case of the bride making sure that the father of the bride was there in time. :LOL: At least I got to listen to a lot of the Guardians game with the ushers.

It was a beautiful day with a beautiful bride and nothing weird happening. Perfect!

Looks amazing! You must be so excited! Can't wait to hear all about it! Love to Loverly and her fiancé ♥
Have a wonderful time!!!!
It was a great day all around. We're over the moon happy for our dear daughter and very fond of our freshly minted SIL.

Good lord. I'm a Mother-in-law. :oops:

@taxlady now I know I'm old! :LOL:

Near the very end of the night, when everyone but the wedding party and a few close friends had gone, I asked the DJ if he would play a slow song so Himself and I could have one dance. One of the bridesmaids posted a photo of us dancing...and I look like a taller version of my Mom. Gosh I got old, but at least I'm still standing.

WOW!
What a time it's been for the past two weeks.
I went out to run some errands on November 3rd and got a text from my husband to come home, “there’s been an issue”.
I got home to find him in bed, still dressed in his tennis shoes and all.
My husband has been having dizzy spells for a few months now and kept saying “something doesn’t feel right”, all the while holding his chest.
Right after I had left, he lost consciousness and fell over from the kitchen table, landing on his shoulder. I asked him what he wanted to do and the consensus was let’s go to the Emergency Room.
For whatever the reason, the triage nurse did an EKG and then hooked him up to a heart monitoring device.
He was in full blown non-sustained Ventricular Tachycardia – not good at all! A “Crash Cart” and about 15 people rushed into the room ready for action.
They finally got him semi-stable and was transferred to another hospital in our area that could take better care of him.
He was in this unit for three days until they could transport him again to Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix. He stayed another three days there and was doing much better. The fantastic Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist wanted to do an Ablation of the affected area of my husband’s heart but couldn’t schedule it for 2-3 weeks and sent us home.
We got a phone call 2 days later to come back and that Doctor would operate, yeah!
Doctor told us that ever since we left, we’d been on his mind and wanted to give us a solution to all this as soon as he could, so he did some shifting and got us in much sooner than expected.
The Ablation was a huge success, but Doctor wanted to add an insurance policy of an ICD just to protect him fully. My poor dear went back into surgery about 3 hours later. THAT was a long day. We were in the hospital from 630am and I left at about 9pm, because visiting hours were over.
Doctor and his team thought it best that he spend the night to monitor to device. They sprung him this past Tuesday.
Seeing as we were both utterly exhausted, we spent another night at the hotel that we had booked for the night before surgery.
I haven’t had a chance to sit down and have a good cry, yet, but I will.

Back
Top Bottom