Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a flu bug that affected my stomach, lower intestines, nose, and throat, all weekend. Got home from dyalisis abut 2:30 p.m. yesterday, went to take a nap, and didn't wake up until 1 a.m. Used the bathroom, ate half a bowl of soup, and went back to bed. I'm still not feeling 100%. Tummy is still mildly iffy. I might just go back to bed. I hate feeling sick, especially for a whole weekend. I hope everyone else is mending.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oh, dear! Hope you are on the mend! Sounds like you are doing the best thing! Rest & fluids. Don't try to push the healing, it comes in its own time.

Neuropathy - a little FYI for those who suffer

I've always felt I was a good healer and this last operation was no exception. Laparoscopy, 4 holes, 1 larger incision, I would'a/could'a been dancing in the halls by day 3 and home by day 4, except...

My neuropathy went into high gear by day 3 & 4. I could not even walk, one foot so swollen and painful nothing could touch it. Because of the urgency of the operation I'm guessing my neuropathy was never even discussed.

Physio would not allow me to be discharged until I could walk again which I managed to do late on Thurs and Fri morning (with enough pills in me :LOL:) I showed them I could. So discharged by early afternoon. 10 days instead of 4, :ermm:.

I also believe I was very instrumental with my own for the pain. I got crazy looks but insisted they put my washing up tub, on it's side, to create a cave for my feet. The sheets didn't touch my toes and I was actually able to sleep solidly!

Why did I not cotton on to this years ago! When I think of all the years spent in pain trying to sleep and I had the solution in my head the whole time. :mad:

Oh, dragn, wow! I'm glad you are home now!! You know, they do make a metal contraption that goes at the end of the bed to hold the covers up. If you do a search for "blanket lifter support" you'll find a lot of them. I've never used one, so I can't vouch for them.

LOL - I only remembered them from movies with amputee's and thought why not! Never dawned on me to look for them. So I just brought home the wash bucket from the hospital, which they would have thrown out anyhow.

Always love a free-bee! Yes, I was told (after) that they were available and I said "Thanks, but got one now!" :LOL:

One certain eye opener - If you are an environmentalist - keep your eyes closed in a hospital. :shock: :ohmy: I've never seen so much garbage produced for one patient in a 24 hour window. Mind boggling. :wacko:

Has anyone heard from the Chief? His last post was the one in this forum and that was just over a week ago. I hope he's okay.

Thanks taxy, I apprciates. I should be able to eat proper by the end of the week, so no biggy.

Not the eating I'm most concerned about. It's the neuropathy. I hope it settles back to where it was before, well, if not all the way, at least let me walk more than I can now.

Chief, I hope that you're feeling better.

Dragn, glad to hear that you're back home. Continueed good healing.
Has anyone heard from the Chief? His last post was the one in this forum and that was just over a week ago. I hope he's okay.
I just checked his profile, taxy. He did log in yesterday, so at least we know he's still breathing. [emoji6]

Yes, I'm still breathing. I had a rough time of it until Friday. It was simply a stomach flue. Dragn, I'm more worried about you. And Taxy, you are a true friend. I have another friend who has been putting me into the prayer rolls every two weeks, in our Temple near where she lives. I have known, and still know incredible people, who would give their right arms to assist others, truly selfless , if I may call them such, Saints. D.C. has some, and for that, I am thankful.

There are many of us with physical challenges here. My prayers go out every night for my family, and all of us, including people who I've never met, who have far greater struggles all over the world.

Thank you all for being you. Even though we don't see each other face to face, you are part of my family.

K-Girl, I went poking around through the list of friends on her Facebook page. :cry: There was a post on the page of her sister saying that PF passed away on March 2nd. :cry: :cry: I'm in shock.

I guess we can all take comfort in the thought that she is now reunited with her dear Shrek. :in_love:

K-Girl, I went poking around through the list of friends on her Facebook page. :cry: There was a post on the page of her sister saying that PF passed away on March 2nd. :cry: :cry: I'm in shock.

I guess we can all take comfort in the thought that she is now reunited with her dear Shrek. :in_love:

OH_MY!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOO!
This is a such a lose to the DC community, truly!
:cry:
I'm without words.

This is the first I've heard about PriFi. She was amazing, and a wonderful lady. And yes, her and her loving husband are reunited, as all of us will be. We are going to have a DC reunion in the afterlife, and all get to meet each other in person. I'm so looking forward to that. My prayers go for the living who knew and loved her, that they may be given strength and comfort.

I was wondering why:ohmy: :( :cry::cry::cry:.... her family and furries must be devasted.

Dear Princess Fiona, Rest in Peace, miss you but I do have my fond memories. You helped me on so many occasions, thank you again. Hugs and Hugs.

I wonder where msmofet is right now. She posts something most every day, but she hasn't been here in over a week. I hope it's for something fun like vacation and not that she's not feeling well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom