Fudge melts at 30C??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SlowCook66

Senior Cook
Hi,

680g of chocolate chips
10g of butter
20g of cream 15%
1 Can of condensed milk
70g of yogourt
130 drops of essential oils
Salt

I melt this in the microwave and I let it set in the fridge for 4hours and it gets hard.

However when I pull out a piece and leave it a room temperature (30 degrees Celsius), the piece of fudge comes all soft and almost melted???

Is there something I could do to my recipe for the fudge not to melt so easily??

Sometimes I need to keep it out for guests in this temperature but it melts. However, Chocolate chips from grocery store don’t melt ??? Why???

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for any insight !

You can't compare fudge to chocolate chips, they are specifically formulated to not melt when baked into a cookie.

Chocolate melting at 30ºC (86ºF) is normal. A chocolate candy bar melts at that temp.

You can't compare fudge to chocolate chips, they are specifically formulated to not melt when baked into a cookie.

Chocolate melting at 30ºC (86ºF) is normal. A chocolate candy bar melts at that temp.
Thanks Andy for your reply. And there’s nothing in terms of special ingredients/stabilizer we can add to keep it from not melting between like 27-30C ????

Last edited:
Thanks Andy for your reply. And there’s nothing in terms of special ingredients/stabilizer we can add to keep it from not melting between like 27-30C ????
Not that I know of. Keep it in the fridge on a plate and bring it out when you have guests. It'll warm up pretty fast but the cold plate should keep it from melting for a while.

Perhaps when you do bring it out for guests, have a bowl of crushed ice to rest it on. That might help keep it cooler as well.

casey, Texas ain't the only place that gets hot!!! (and not every one here has an A/C.) LOL!!

It wouldn’t be a problem at my house. 😉🤭😂
empty-plate-with-crumbs-beside-handwritten-sign-saying-what-was-on-the-plate-2PHJ3XE.jpg

Try freezing a few pieces.

I’m not sure if it would change the texture of the fudge but it would buy you more time.

Mah Andy! how about if I temper 1/3 of the chocolate before I add the condensed milk won’t that harden the result??

Use high-cocoa-content chocolate: Chocolate with a high cocoa content will be more resilient and retain its shape at higher temperatures. Try to choose a high-quality chocolate that contains at least 70% cocoa.

Whoa! I just went back and saw how much essential oil you added. That's an awful lot, no?
Essential oil is supposed to be concentrate, isn't it? You should be only using perhaps 1/10th of that.

I honestly don't know as I've never tried to flavour chocolate for other than a 'chocolate' flavour.

If you want to give it an orange tang, try using some orange zest.

Whoa! I just went back and saw how much essential oil you added. That's an awful lot, no?
Essential oil is supposed to be concentrate, isn't it? You should be only using perhaps 1/10th of that.

I honestly don't know as I've never tried to flavour chocolate for other than a 'chocolate' flavour.

If you want to give it an orange tang, try using some orange zest.
It’s a pound and a half of fudge. I make about 25-28 squares of 4.5x4.5x2xm about rough estimate so it’s like a teaspoon and a half 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I see a lot of recipes dumping 2 teaspoons of vanilla oil extract alone. I don’t think I’m out of the norm so much am I?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom