Five Guys burger love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cali-hamburglar

Assistant Cook
How many people love five guys burgers?
Would you choose five guys burgers over other burgers?
If there was a taste test between five guys and in and out which would you choose?
1000011663.jpg

Only tried once, and won't go back. The burger was very average, not bad, but just average... especially considering the prices. I had their "cajun" fries," and they were disgusting.

I would not take Five Guys over any burger. I'll take my Whataburger over Five Guys any day of the week.

So cali-hamburger, are in the marketing department at Five Guys? One post on this forum, and it is a promo for Five Guys. At least offer us some good coupons for our time.

CD

Meh, wasn't truly impressed. Especially with the prices! It was a decent enough burger, but it's not worth the cost.

(and their fries suck)

*quickly runs away*

Five Guys is not good. And I don’t like their fries either. Most of them around here closed.

In and Out is so much better, but we don’t have them here.

Shake Shack used to be really good but has gone downhill. I still like a burger from them once in awhile

Five Guys is not good. And I don’t like their fries either. Most of them around here closed.

In and Out is so much better, but we don’t have them here.

Shake Shack used to be really good but has gone downhill. I still like a burger from them once in awhile

We have an In-N-Out burger in Frisco. It was the first one in Texas. People went nuts. Frisco Police had to direct traffic for a week because traffic was backed into the street.

The novelty wore off, and the lines went away. The In-N-Out is a block away from the Whataburger. The line at the Whataburger is longer than the one at In-N-Out burger these days. I do like the burgers at In-N-Out, but the fries are always limp and soggy.

Don't get me started on Chik-fil-a. People line up around the block for a tiny piece of greasy fried chicken and three pickles on a bun for five bucks. But, it is popular here in Texas because the greasy fried chicken and three pickles on a bun wasn't made by gay people, and they are closed on Sundays.

Thank goodness we have a Popeyes a block North from Chik-fil-a, where I can get a big, meaty chicken sandwich that tastes good -- seven days a week.

CD

Last edited:
Sorry to say no to Five Guys. Horrifically overpriced for a less than partially acceptable burger. Way too greasy as are the fries. We have been there 3 times - first time when they first opened here and it was a big disappointment. We waited for 45 minutes to get a lousy burger that had more grease than meat and cold fries and we paid a small fortune for it. We waited 6 months and tried once more to see if it was just new opening issues. No it was not - we got a repeat of our first visit. We then moved across country and saw one in our travels one day and thought we would try once again. It was as though we were in Groundhog day - same thing again. Never again and when people ask me if I've ever eaten there I don't hesitate to share my story.

Sorry to say no to Five Guys. Horrifically overpriced for a less than partially acceptable burger. Way too greasy as are the fries. We have been there 3 times - first time when they first opened here and it was a big disappointment. We waited for 45 minutes to get a lousy burger that had more grease than meat and cold fries and we paid a small fortune for it. We waited 6 months and tried once more to see if it was just new opening issues. No it was not - we got a repeat of our first visit. We then moved across country and saw one in our travels one day and thought we would try once again. It was as though we were in Groundhog day - same thing again. Never again and when people ask me if I've ever eaten there I don't hesitate to share my story.
I've been there twice and neither time was that great. Haven't been back since, nor do I plan to.

Isn't the definition of insanity, "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?"

Isn't the definition of insanity, "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?"
Yes it is, but they tried it twice at the same location, hoping the 2nd time would be better. Which I too have done with certain restaurants, to give them another chance. Then they tried it again at a different location, hoping that would be better than the first location. And it wasn't.

It happens. And I agree with them that, after trying twice at one location and once at another location and the food still sucked, I would definitely be done.

In my experience as well, both times at the same location just wasn't worth it.

One opened in a shopping mega centre near where I lived in Quebec. I always wanted to try them but never did. Now I'm glad I never did! :mrgreen:
:LOL: it is gone now, but moved further into Montreal. There's one in DDO taxy! if you want to try them out.

One opened in a shopping mega centre near where I lived in Quebec. I always wanted to try them but never did. Now I'm glad I never did! :mrgreen:
:LOL: it is gone now, but moved further into Montreal. There's one in DDO taxy! if you want to try them out.
I think we ordered from them with DoorDash. They were "meh". Not as good as Notre-Boeuf-de-Grace.

Yes, it is however we believe in giving new businesses a fair chance. Opening week is rarely a fair reflection on a business. It takes time to work out the bugs and get a smooth rolling machine going. We did go to the one place twice - once during opening week and again later to see if they were better - giving it a fair chance. We moved from the west coast to the east coast and tried once here.

If we were still going then yes that would be insanity so your comment content really should have been considered before posting.

Last edited:
Yes, it is however we believe in giving new businesses a fair chance. Opening week is rarely a fair reflection on a business. It takes time to work out the bugs and get a smooth rolling machine going. We did go to the one place twice - once during opening week and again later to see if they were better - giving it a fair chance. We moved from the west coast to the east coast and tried once here.

If we were still going then yes that would be insanity so your comment content really should have been considered before posting.

The first In-N-Out Burger in Texas opened in Frisco about five-ish years ago. They had to hire off-duty police officers to manage the traffic. That is another place that has good burgers, but not anything to write home about. And, their "fresh cut" fries suck. Limp, greasy potato noodles.

CD

Back
Top Bottom