When making semolina porridge can I add vanilla protein powder to make it more protein dense?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
i don't like oat porridge..
yesterday i've made non instant semolina porridge with sucarlose..

i want to know how can i improve the protein content even more. can i add vanilla protein powder?
how? how much for each one tablespoon of non instant semolina? [not "cream of wheat" but ordinary semolina]

it can be eaten hot, warm, at room temperature or cold..
if you microwave it put an even layer.

i especially like it with pure dark maple.

here is a picture when it's hot,

when it's cold it is chunky..

Attachments

• bcc83ee0-8883-47d5-afdd-8cabfeb91ddb.jpeg
    bcc83ee0-8883-47d5-afdd-8cabfeb91ddb.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 14
Are you under nourished that you need to add protein? You can check your diet here: cronometer.com, it's free to use on your computer or an app for your phone.
People do it. https://www.tiktok.com/discover/making-cream-of-wheat-with-protein-shake
  • 200 ml

unsweetened almond milk
  • 100 ml

water
  • 30 g

semolina, a.k.a. grits
  • 20 g

Whey Protein Vanilla
  • 80 g

unsweetened cherries (from a jar)
  • 1 pinch

cinnamon

Believe it or not, one of the things I've learned about eating and hunger is ... 1. eat more slowly! Chew your food for double the length of time normal before you swallow.
I believe it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register it is satisfied.
2. eat something sweet for dessert. It does not need to be unhealthy. Doesn't have to be a lot. Brain registers the sweetness as a signal it is turning the foods ingested to the required energies.
3. drink water before, during and after your meal. People don't drink enough water to help their bodies digest. Again, it will help send a signal to your brain.
I don't have the scientific backup to explain these things. They are just tidbits I've picked up here and there. I try to follow them, ahem, not very successfully but I try!

Back
Top Bottom