Dinner, Friday, July 26, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
More birria tacos. What's left is going in the freezer for nachos later.

20240726_180016.jpg

I happened to be on the other side of town late this morning for a medical appointment and realized I was very close to the deli where I get Italian subs. So I stopped for a couple of subs.

We had the subs for lunch and they were soooo Good. As a result, appetites were a little suppressed for dinner. We picked some odds and ends from the fridge and that'll do it.

Footnote: Our Italian cold cut subs, while delicious, were made with Boars Head cold cuts. Fingers crossed . . .

Last edited:
I've made this several times now.
Mushroom Casserole for One.
1722050229306.png

So I sat in 'my chair' watching TV while I ate. After one fork full, the plate suddenly just flipped out of my hand, dumped the food in my apron and proceeded to land, face down, on the carpet. I sat there contemplating my life, and as I still had the fork in my hand - ate my supper out of my lap and yes, it was a clean apron. Then stared at the floor and the plate. Got brave, turned the plate and ... well, would you look at that! 4 grains of rice!!

So supper was not only delicious - I only had 4 grains of rice to clean up.

I made a very easy supper. I took some corn kernels, green beans, and diced carrot out of the freezer. I chopped up a bit of red onion. I stir fried the veggies and added some Blue Dragon Chili Coconut Stir Fry Sauce. Then I added some frozen shrimp that were already cooked and shelled. I had that over brown basmati rice. That was really good. Those Blue Dragon sauces are very handy.

Chili coconut stir fry with shrimp on brown basmati rice sm.jpg

Last edited:
I've made this several times now.
Mushroom Casserole for One.
View attachment 70117

So I sat in 'my chair' watching TV while I ate. After one fork full, the plate suddenly just flipped out of my hand, dumped the food in my apron and proceeded to land, face down, on the carpet. I sat there contemplating my life, and as I still had the fork in my hand - ate my supper out of my lap and yes, it was a clean apron. Then stared at the floor and the plate. Got brave, turned the plate and ... well, would you look at that! 4 grains of rice!!

So supper was not only delicious - I only had 4 grains of rice to clean up.
I saved this to CMT. Is this the one you make several of at a time and keep them in the freezer until ready to use?

Only other thing I can think of, at the moment, that I froze in my little CI square pans are Giant Stuffed Shells? They freeze beautifully.
I may have made the Shepherd's Pie in them, honestly don't remember.
I have not frozen this particular mushroom dish... yet. I'm hesitant as the rice is put in uncooked and all is baked together.
If you bake them and then freeze, it should work.

Only other thing I can think of, at the moment, that I froze in my little CI square pans are Giant Stuffed Shells? They freeze beautifully.
I may have made the Shepherd's Pie in them, honestly don't remember.
I have not frozen this particular mushroom dish... yet. I'm hesitant as the rice is put in uncooked and all is baked together.
If you bake them and then freeze, it should work.
It might have been the shells. It wasn't something that I particularly wanted to try, so I didn't pay a lot of attention. The giant shells would fall into that category because, I have never seen giant, whole grain, pasta shells.

I tried WW pasta twice - will never again. So not finding giant ones would never be a problem for me. It's the filling and the sauce that's good for me, the pasta part is just a third of it. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom