Any ideas for pork mince?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GilliAnne

Senior Cook
This is not exactly an 'I've only get these ingredients' post, but I would like to know what I can make with pork mince.

Thanks!

Gillian

Basically, anything you normally make with ground beef you can make with ground pork; breakfast sausage, burgers, chili, goulash, etc. I make my meatballs/meatloaf with a mixture of 1lb ground beef, 1/2lb ground poork and 1/2lb ground veal.

Last edited:
Dirty rice, asian meatballs for soup or wraps, as part of a meatloaf, dumpling filling, a pork and black eyed peas chili. I can find the recipes if interested in any. Lots of stuff.

@Rascal ’s rissoles with mashed potatoes and peas!

500gms sausage meat 1 big onion chopped up squirt tomato sauce and little Worcestershire ( worst ever sauce)
Mixed and formed into patties coated in breadcrumbs then shallow fried.

My favorite thing to do is to use it to stuff peppers. I like a nice medium hot hungarian pepper for this of a good size. I basically just brown the pork, drain the fat off, and then add chopped onion, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper, and some sort of cheese mixture with just a little amount of bread crumbs, then slit the peppers horizontally (removing the stem and seeds) and stuff the peppers with the mixture. If I am using mozzarella and parmesan in it I will use basil, oregano and parsley for the herbs, then cook them in a little marinara and then serve it with crostini for dipping. If I use cheddar or other types of cheese (different herbs, no basil for sure) I usually just drizzle some olive oil in the bottom of the baking dish and bake them dry or maybe a splash of white wine. Lots of different ways to do this for sure.

I actually have some Hungarian hots in my refrigerator given to me by a family member. I might stuff them tomorrow!

Last edited:
Make a fattie! Two pounds of whatever ground meats you want. Season the meat however you want. Fill it however you want. You can decide whether or not you want to wrap it in anything....like bacon....and then toss it on a smoker.

fattie.jpg

Larb

50 year or so ago, my ex and I were part of a group that sponsored a Thai refugee family. The first example of SE Asian food they offered was Larb. I really liked it.

The three things I specifically buy Ground Pork for are WonTon's (shrimp and pork), Meatloaf (Beef, Pork, Veal) and Meatballs and Tourtieres. Oops, that's 4. :)

Ground pork? Oh my goodness, I'm half Danish. Danes are masters of using pork mince. I grew up with Danish food. i have several recipes for meatloaf that use pork mince. One of those is an absolute favourite for when we have guests for supper. There's frikadeller, a type of fried, Danish, meatball, usually made of pork mince. I have a recipe for stuffing a pork tenderloin with seasoned pork mince. How about a recipe for kåldolmar, Swedish cabbage rolls. I haven't tried the recipe, but I loved my Swedish farmor's (father's mother) kåldolmar and I can't stand other types of cabbage rolls. Maybe some of that will give you inspiration. If you want any of the recipes, let me know. Also, I agree with SirLoB, pork mince can often be substituted for beef mince to good effect. We prefer "taco meat" made with pork. Oh, I just remembered, I have a recipe for pork mince cordon bleu. I have only made it once, but it was really good. There are all kinds of good recipe for pork patties, some breaded.

Tacos! Use your standard taco seasoning, the packet if you prefer or homemade. Serve on soft flour tortillas with shredded muenster cheese (and lettuce, tomato, sour cream). The best tacos I've ever eaten were made by me, in my kitchen, with ground pork.

Also, there's a thread somewhere on these forums about stuffed onions. Ground pork would be lovely in stuffed onions.

You guys have me wanting to jump in the car and head for the grocers!
taxy, you have several there that should be posted.
That "guest worthy" meatloaf, stuffing a tenderloin, and 'Cordon Blue'.
OMG, I'm drooling!
Now I have to go find that stuffed onion recipe and then try to straighten out the recipe for Zhajiangmian so as to be able to read it.

Back
Top Bottom