Any ideas for pork mince?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys have me wanting to jump in the car and head for the grocers!
taxy, you have several there that should be posted.
That "guest worthy" meatloaf, stuffing a tenderloin, and 'Cordon Blue'.
OMG, I'm drooling!
Now I have to go find that stuffed onion recipe and then try to straighten out the recipe for Zhajiangmian so as to be able to read it.
The recipe for the meatloaf that we serve to guests was one of the first recipes I posted here. https://www.discusscooking.com/threads/mock-armadillo-danish-meatloaf.69011/

I haven't translated the other two recipes yet.

Too funny taxy! I mentioned in that thread I had copied it but can't find it now!
Good ol' CMT. So now I will have 2 copies floating around somewhere.

You guys have me wanting to jump in the car and head for the grocers!
taxy, you have several there that should be posted.
That "guest worthy" meatloaf, stuffing a tenderloin, and 'Cordon Blue'.
OMG, I'm drooling!
Now I have to go find that stuffed onion recipe and then try to straighten out the recipe for Zhajiangmian so as to be able to read it.
Remember that if you stuff a tenderloin with ground meat you need to cook it to 165 internal since the ground meat is full of bacteria.

That's OK and thank you for the reminder jennyema, very advisable.

Tenderloin on it's own can be pink 'in the middle' but the outside edges are not pink. Believe the stuffing at 165 will not change the outside edges by too very much. If there is enough moisture in the stuffing it will protect the outside?

That's OK and thank you for the reminder jennyema, very advisable.

Tenderloin on it's own can be pink 'in the middle' but the outside edges are not pink. Believe the stuffing at 165 will not change the outside edges by too very much. If there is enough moisture in the stuffing it will protect the outside?
In this recipe, the stuffed tenderloin is browned on all sides and then braised on the stove top. I don't remember the outside drying out. Lots of good liquid for gravy.

Edited to add: Thanks for the reminder jennyemma. It's useful when someone isn't following a recipe with that reminder, but is just using the idea for inspiration.

Last edited:
Actually I have a recipe for Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.. But the stuffing is with pork sausage that you cook first, stuuff the tenderloin and wrap in bacon.

Made it ages ago, was looking for some pictures but alas... don't seem to exist, but needless to say, very yummy!

so is your ground pork cooked first taxy?

Actually I have a recipe for Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.. But the stuffing is with pork sausage that you cook first, stuuff the tenderloin and wrap in bacon.

Made it ages ago, was looking for some pictures but alas... don't seem to exist, but needless to say, very yummy!

so is your ground pork cooked first taxy?
Nope, it's cooked inside the pork tenderloin. In the recipe you have, how is the pork tenderloin cooked?

Pork mince is a versatile ingredient that can be used to prepare a variety of delicious dishes, like
season the mince with herbs and spices, shape it into balls, and then pan-fry or bake them. Serve with your favorite sauce.

Some good ideas there, guys. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if there's a name for the pork version of shepherd's (lamb) pie and cottage (beef) pie. Whatever it is, I'll try making it sometime.

Gillian

Might you be interested in making your own fresh Mexican chorizo?

Fresh Chorizo
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground pork
  • ½ brown onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced
  • 1½ Tbs chili powder
  • 1 Tbs oregano
  • ½ tsp ground cumin
  • ½ tsp coriander
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • ½ tsp paprika
  • ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 Tbs olive oil
  • 1 Tbs water
  • 1 Tbs vinegar
  • 1½ tsp sugar
Instructions:

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, divide into quarters, roll each quarter into a log, and tightly wrap each log with plastic wrap, twisting the ends to secure. If you like it mild, use Ancho chili powder, if you like it spicy, use New Mexico chili powder.

With fresh chorizo you can make several dishes, such as chorizo y huevos, huevos al horno con chorizo y patatas, pastel de carne Mexicano (Mexican meatloaf), and huevos rancheros. Recipes available upon request, or try a google search.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom