When it comes to apples, these apples are my favorite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread reminded me of one of our favorite snacks. Apple slices with date caramel for scooping. (date caramel is really date paste)
To make the date paste/caramel, soak the dates or warm them in hot water, even simmer a little. Drain, pit, then blend them in the food processor. The paste is a lot like a thick caramel sauce but more grainy. The advantage of this snack is that it is sweet with natural fruit instead of granulated sugar.

This thread reminded me of one of our favorite snacks. Apple slices with date caramel for scooping. (date caramel is really date paste)
To make the date paste/caramel, soak the dates or warm them in hot water, even simmer a little. Drain, pit, then blend them in the food processor. The paste is a lot like a thick caramel sauce but more grainy. The advantage of this snack is that it is sweet with natural fruit instead of granulated sugar.
why not to remove the pit before cooking?

in israel we have a date syrup..

i think that it is sugar. and acts like all other sugars..

you crave date syrup.. i crave maple syrup..
we crave what we don't have..

why not to remove the pit before cooking?

in israel we have a date syrup..

i think that it is sugar. and acts like all other sugars..

you crave date syrup.. i crave maple syrup..
we crave what we don't have..
Sure! Remove the pit before cooking.
Date syrup is made by adding water to the date paste until it is soupy and then squeezing it out through a cheesecloth. We can buy that here too.

Sure! Remove the pit before cooking.
Date syrup is made by adding water to the date paste until it is soupy and then squeezing it out through a cheesecloth. We can buy that here too.
i think it is better to pit before cooking so you can look for worms if there are any..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom