Keeping dishes warm before serving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, for instance when I cook the meat, because I am trying out new techniques all the time,
I am trying to focus on one thing, without keeping in mind two or three other things in my
mind, which I prepare in parallel. Then having finished it, I will keep it warm on the heating plate.
And do the vegetables next etc etc. However, the mise-on-place, I would typically do in
one go without much interruption.

With one-pot dishes of course, everything comes naturally together at some point.

That still doesn't mean you can't have your potatoes and carrots boiling while you play with the meat.
If you are trying to prepare 2 fancy complicated vegetables along with a meat that requires last minute attention, I suggest you rethink your menu to something that is more work friendly.
Look for recipes that can be prepared ahead and then reheated in the oven. You can then concentrate on one dish that you want to be the star.

Restaurants with fancy menu's have loads of people in the kitchen preparing individual dishes with the chef overseeing it.

Ok thanks a lot, btw can you recommend
me some podcasts or YouTube where basic techniques are taught and handy tips. I have followed most of the videos of Chef Jean Pierre thus far, and I like his style, but wonder if there are any similar ones.

I'm assuming you don't have a microwave oven.

If you want to continue cooking as you do, consider changing the cooking order of the components. Starches and vegetables often fare better under constant heat than meats which can tend to dry out. So cook the starch and veggies first and the meats last.

I'm assuming you don't have a microwave oven.

If you want to continue cooking as you do, consider changing the cooking order of the components. Starches and vegetables often fare better under constant heat than meats which can tend to dry out. So cook the starch and veggies first and the meats last.

One way to keep meats hot is to wrap the meat in foil, then wrap that in a towel. To go even longer, put that in a cooler.

I have smoked meats in the backyard, and done that wrap and cooler method, and driven a hundred miles to a gathering, and the meat was still hot when I got there.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom