What did you eat Friday, May 3, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Beef stew tonight.

beef_stew_050324_1_IMG_2624.jpg

I followed Jacques Pépin's advice and let the processing plant be my sous-chef. I used frozen veggies that were already diced or cut to a good size for stir frying. They were corn kernels, diced carrots, cut up broccoli, green beans, and baby peas. I did fry some freshly cut onion. I stir fried all of that with some korma curry paste and added creamed coconut and water. I made a double portion and put about half away for another night. Finally I added frozen, cooked, shell off shrimp to tonight's serving and just stirred them in. They are small shrimp, so it didn't take much to defrost them in the food. That worked really well. I have had those shrimp on sandwiches before, but this really brought out the shrimp flavour. I also enjoyed a glass of wine, a white Chateau Cardboardeaux.
Veggies, korma curry paste, creamed coconut, and shrimp and wine.jpg
Veggies, korma curry paste, creamed coconut, and shrimp sm.jpg

Last edited:
I had half a can of Progresso beef vegetable and barley soup with half a baked potato with butter and sour cream.

Craig had a sub with ham, Genoa, hot Capicola, hot cherry pepper relish and red wine vinegar and EVOO dressing.

We both had the same for breakfast today.

Veggie chickpea fritatta muffins. They included collards, corn, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini, batter made with chickpea flour, besan. Served with taco sauce.

Baked potato with butter, sour cream, chives, bacon bits, and cheese, along with a salad. Chocolate covered blueberries for dessert.
Are these dried blueberries? Do you make them or buy them? MMMMM sounds delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom