What are you eating Thursday, May 16, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Subgum chicken chow mein, and jasmine rice again.

subgum_chicken_051624_1_IMG_2658.jpg

I made an old favourite, pork chops in mushroom sauce aux fines herbes. I boiled some potatoes to go with that and made a salad of sweet crisp lettuce, rainbow chard, mustard greens, and some cucumber. I put some of the blue cheese dressing on it. I really enjoyed that. I have one pork chop, some of the sauce, and bit of potato left. I'll find out how well this reheats. I had a glass of milk with that.

Pork chop in mushroom sauce with potatoes and salad.jpg

Chow Mein with rice, 2 shrimp rolls, and chocolate chip cookie for afters - all while watching ABC13 KHOU on YouTube. Hope none of our members are affected by the tornado that went through Houston yesterday evening.

My sister in Houston is still without power. It wasn't a tornado that did the most damage, just very high winds. The Weather Service measured winds as high as 104MPH near downtown. There was a brief EF-1 Tornado in Cypress, which is where my sister lives, but it was weaker than the straight line winds near downtown.

CD

My nephew in Alvin said basically the same thing. My cousin's daughter was in Houston for work and she said her hotel was swaying a bit, don't know which hotel she was in.

My nephew in Alvin said basically the same thing. My cousin's daughter was in Houston for work and she said her hotel was swaying a bit, don't know which hotel she was in.

My sister is still without power, and it is getting hot outside today. She hasn't prepared for hurricane season, so her freezers are not backed with frozen gallon bottles of water. You do that to greater thermal mass to keep the freezer frozen longer. She's going to have to throw away a lot of uncooked food. She can cook, since she has a gas cooktop, and can shower with the gas water heater.

She may need to got to my mom's apartment if it gets too hot in her house.

CD

Hope she gets her power back soon. I was without power for a week after Isabel came through in 2003, and we had to throw away a lot of food from the freezer and refrigerator. Luckily, Mom's house insurance was able to reimburse her because she always saved grocery receipts. This was before Katrina and all the insurance hassles you have to go through these days.

Back
Top Bottom