What are your garden plans for 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The greens are starting to grow quickly in the hydro - I might start planting some bok choy every 2 or 3 weeks, like a succession planting. They are sort of "cut-and-come-again", but not for as long as the leaf lettuce and mizuna.
Bok choy, 11-5, about 4 weeks after planting seeds. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A reddish leaf lettuce, 11-5, from saved seeds - an unknown variety that is very heat resistant. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

New (to me) leaf lettuce, 11-5, from a free seed pack of mesclun mix. About 4 weeks after planting seeds. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mizuna, 11-5, about 4 weeks after planting seeds. Always one of the best producers. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The herbs are slower, as always, but they take off, eventually. Of the epazote rootings, one has much smaller leaves, so I'll be pulling that one, and keeping the regular looking one.
Epazote, 11-5, less than 4 weeks after rooting cuttings. Small plant I'll soon remove. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Covered up my kale and carrots. Worked out well last year.
Still picking lettuce and arugula. May cover them up to extend the season.
Starting to review my notes of 2021 to see what I did right and wrong last year, what to change and what to keep the same.

I actually opened up my Mason Bee house yesterday and had 12 cocoons. Like and idiot, I forgot to take pics. Honestly, I didnt think I was goning to have any so im pretty happy. The mason bees are good for my fruit trees since they are the first to flower. The leaf cutters take care of everything else. Ill bring those houses into the garage for the winter, and open them up next spring to see how many cocoons I have.

Also pruned and wrapped up the figs. Im hoping next year Ill have a better fig harvest than I did this year. I got another 2 trees that are more for colder weather ( in addition to the ones I have now). Most are int pots and I overwinter in the garage which doesn't get any lower than 50F. I only wrap up he ones in the ground..

Picked one kiwi. I think that vine has seen its last year. Too invasive to keep under control

Back
Top Bottom