What Are Your Other Interests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a master gardener volunteer. My husband and I enjoy raising herbs and vegetables, as well as flowers - not on the scale of @blissful , @larry_stewart and @pepperhead212 ,but enough to make it worthwhile. I also enjoy reading, especially historical fiction, and studying food history and nutrition. And I'm just beginning to learn how to make jewelry.

I wasn't until now. I had to do a search on that. It was an Australian only car, loosely based on a British car. I seriously doubt you could find more than a couple of them in the US.

CD
They go for SERIOUS $$$$ down here!
They are collectors material - they were raced during the 70’s and really move - very very fast when tinkered with.
A decent condition example will have you looking at $80k+ 😲

Last edited:
I originally wanted to pursue a music career. I play ,multiple instruments, write and record. I decided to pursue a more predictable career , and kept music as a hobby and source of relaxation. I love attending concerts and theater. When I travel I do road trips. I get a kick out of visiting and passing through unique places. Also love visiting historic homes and mansions. I hate political history, but love seeing how people lived years ago and I am amazed by the things they accomplished pre computer/ technology. Obviously the gardening thing, recently focussing on mushrooms and figs.

@larry_stewart Yes, I’m a bassist and keys player.
As a young’n I had dreams of being professional with my music, but you know, real life gets in the way. My ambition was never about stardom-I have always been a musician who enjoys being a support role.
My best band was with a front man who was a stunning talent. He had a great voice, great guitarist and keys. You could play him any song imaginable and he would just immediately pick it up and play.
Unfortunately my real life job as chef curtailed my dreams.
Now that I’m retired, I play my keys and basses quite a bit.

@larry_stewart Yes, I’m a bassist and keys player.
As a young’n I had dreams of being professional with my music, but you know, real life gets in the way. My ambition was never about stardom-I have always been a musician who enjoys being a support role.
My best band was with a front man who was a stunning talent. He had a great voice, great guitarist and keys. You could play him any song imaginable and he would just immediately pick it up and play.
Unfortunately my real life job as chef curtailed my dreams.
Now that I’m retired, I play my keys and basses quite a bit.
Bass players are the coolest, and back in the day, always the most difficult to find. I had a few bands back in the day, but the more people involved, the harder it was. I eventually got home recording equipment, a drum machine and just started doing it myself. Having a tight band with common musical interests is great. Unfortunately, never had that experience.

In addition to my previous entry, I also love visiting Botanical gardens, gardens of old historic mansions or cottages. Love museums ( especially interactive ones), and behind the scenes factory tours of anything. I get a kick of how things are built, robotics and assembly lines.

@larry_stewart - musicians in general are worse than drug addicts 🤣
Especially guitarists and singers, they all need hugs and reassurance. Gets tiring.
I especially loathe people who think that bassists are failed guitarists.
I’m a proud bassist - to be a good bassist isn’t anything like being a guitarist. It’s a different instrument and a completely different mindset.

In my town, our museum has an Egyptian room - filled with the most interesting artefacts. But whenever I walk in there, I get a chill and the strangest feeling. Many of the people I have spoken with say the same.
There is a mummy- no one of historic significance, but our townsfolk have a belief that something is radiating in that room.
Our despicable government is currently planning to tear down the entire museum and relocate it so that they can build student housing.
I am part of an alliance that is opposing this.

As I think about it, our Egyptian room has a fascinating “mirror”. It looks like a wide spatula and is made of brass (?) It has always been something that I can stare at for a long while.
There is also a mummified cat - very fascinating to me. I know that cats were venerated in ancient Egypt. It’s wonderful how the history of our ancestors has been preserved.
I will not let this corrupt government destroy our museum and move it to a shed in the very outskirts.

Back
Top Bottom