Wednesday - July 10, 2024 - National Kitten Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
Everyone must be out celebrating by playing with kittens. With our three wildlings, we are actually fully-prepared for a holiday! ;)

We had cheese tortellini in a pesto sauce with oven-roasted cherry tomatoes from the garden along side of cantaloupe and prosciutto. In celebration of today's holiday, I am also posting a photo of Mance supervising me as I break my first crop of string beans. What did you have??? And don't tell me KITTENS! :LOL:

20240710_180608.jpg
20240706_092738 (1).jpg

I can check off one off my cooking bucket list items. Central Texas beef rib, AKA: Dino Rib.

I saw this in the meat counter at HEB the other day, and ignored the price per pound, and bought it. $26 for one rib. Okay dude, don't F this up.

Seasoned the Central Texas way, with kosher salt and black pepper, and smoked on the pellet smoker at 250F for 8 hours with post oak wood pellets, until my probe thermometer slipped through the meat "like butter."

Was it worth it? Oh yeah!!!

OMG, it was amazing. I'd bet good money that Aaron Franklin would approve, and for me, the fact that I cooked it made it even better. I definitely exceeded my pay grade today.

I know all of you know what I'm talking about. It's that feeling you get when you hit a home run in the kitchen. It's what keeps you wanting to cook.

Here is an iPhone photo, that doesn't do it justice. While it was resting, I should have taken it upstairs to the studio for a professional shot. What was I (not) thinking?

1720671694154.jpeg

CD

I have been klutzing. Monday I wasn't paying attention while I was prepping potatoes to boil them and cut my finger. One of those cuts that doesn't hurt much, but bleeds a lot. Then yesterday, I tripped on something in my tiny back yard and fell on the cement paving stones. I scraped up a couple of fingers on my left hand. It needed two plasters on one finger and one on another one. Then, while making supper I reached to get the parchment paper, I scraped two fingers on my right hand on the serrated cutting edge of a box of cling wrap. Those a were small enough wounds that they didn't need plasters. Then I noticed that I had a mild sprain of my left wrist. That needed both an Ace bandage and a brace. All that to say that I wanted an easy supper tonight. I had leftover triple pig, leftover boiled potatoes, and leftover salad. Tasty and easy.

Had a couple of Thighs defrosted and this CMT recipe, although not an old one, caught my eye. Perfect for my toaster oven. Put in a potato to bake while prepping then threw the thighs in too. A real keeper.
View attachment 69949
pic from the recipe because my pic didn't turn out well.
Crispy Baked Deviled Chicken Thighs
Looks great. But it won't let me see recipe unless I download and install something. :(

I have been klutzing. Monday I wasn't paying attention while I was prepping potatoes to boil them and cut my finger. One of those cuts that doesn't hurt much, but bleeds a lot. Then yesterday, I tripped on something in my tiny back yard and fell on the cement paving stones. I scraped up a couple of fingers on my left hand. It needed two plasters on one finger and one on another one. Then, while making supper I reached to get the parchment paper, I scraped two fingers on my right hand on the serrated cutting edge of a box of cling wrap. Those a were small enough wounds that they didn't need plasters. Then I noticed that I had a mild sprain of my left wrist. That needed both an Ace bandage and a brace. All that to say that I wanted an easy supper tonight. I had leftover triple pig, leftover boiled potatoes, and leftover salad. Tasty and easy.

Believe me, I've had days like that. I currently have a sore right wrist. I have no idea how I got it. I know I wasn't drinking, but I hope I was at least having fun. ;)

CD

Believe me, I've had days like that. I currently have a sore right wrist. I have no idea how I got it. I know I wasn't drinking, but I hope I was at least having fun. ;)

CD
I hope the wrist feels better soon. I used to get a sore right wrist often. it was using my mouse that did it. That's why I have braces for both left and right wrist. I needed the left one because once, when the right one was sore and in a brace, I used my left hand enough that it got sore. I find the brace really helps it heal up faster.

Had a couple of Thighs defrosted and this CMT recipe, although not an old one, caught my eye. Perfect for my toaster oven. Put in a potato to bake while prepping then threw the thighs in too. A real keeper.
View attachment 69949
pic from the recipe because my pic didn't turn out well.
Crispy Baked Deviled Chicken Thighs
I have saved that recipe to CMT. Do you have any tips or find any gotchas when making it?

I have saved that recipe to CMT. Do you have any tips or find any gotchas when making it?
I made the full amount of the mustard mix even though I was only doing 2 thighs. I often do this for recipes where I'm only going to use a smaller amount. Easier than trying to reduce the quantities as that doesn't always give you the original recipe's flavour.
I purposely bought a sweet onion and, although probably not quite battered as blissful does it, her mention of battered sliced and baked slabs of onion has intrigued me. I thought I would try this mix on some tonight, but...
1720749307062.png

but when I do get around to it I'll let you know.

I purposely bought a sweet onion and, although probably not quite battered as blissful does it, her mention of battered sliced and baked slabs of onion has intrigued me. I thought I would try this mix on some tonight, but...

You prodded my memory cells about this sweet onion side dish I made a couple years back.

CD

Looks great. But it won't let me see recipe unless I download and install something. :(
Are you using your phone or a tablet? Another time with stuff on Copy Me That, try opening the link in a browser. On a computer, you don't need to install anything to see the recipes.

Back
Top Bottom