Dinner Thurs. Aug. 1st, '24, August is HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
Hello AUGUST with your garden veggies, warm weather, and the happiness you bring.

We're going to have a similar dish, lentils, carrots, green tomatoes, yellow and green zucchini, onions, a few okra, potato, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, garlic, bok choy for the greens part which I added.
Not my picture but similar to this:
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__recipes__images__2012__02__20120214-seriousentertaining-soupson-provencallentilzucchinisoup-2b1bd21e0168445991b54417d140a924.JPG

I wasn't very inspired about making supper. I bought a rotisserie chicken yesterday and today I had some of the cold meat from the fridge. I had some of it on toasted whole grain and sunflower seed bread, smeared with some mayo. I also cut up some cucumber and lettuce and grabbed some radishes. I poured some of my batch vinaigrette on some of the lettuce and cucumber slices. So, supper was okay. It was food and it was more pleasant than not.

It has been a long time since I bought a rotisserie chicken. I like the chicken I cook a lot better. I don't think it's my brilliant cooking. I think it's the difference in flavour in the chicken that it's made with. I buy local, (often organic) chicken, from farms where the chickens are allowed outside.

2024-08-01 Rotisserie chicken, salad, with toasted wholemeal and sunflower seed bread.jpg

Another batch of gazpacho! 97° heat calls for cold dishes. Earlier in the day I ate that last batch of that Creole dish I made (not heated!), and just before starting to make the gazpacho I ate the last 2 cups or so of the ratatouille soup. After making the gazpacho, I put about 3/4 of a pint jar in the freezer, to eat tonight - that large bowl will take a long time to chill. After cleaning everything up, and going out briefly, to get some chives, and chopping them up, it was cold already.

I put a large jalapeño in this batch, and tasted it, but not the heat. I didn't put in two, only because someone else will be eating some tomorrow, otherwise, I might have added one of my others.
Another batch of gazpacho, with some of the garnishes ready to stir in. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Gazpacho, ready to chill for tomorrow. I put it jar of about 1 1/2c of it in the freezer, for today! Just needs chives and croutons now. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tuna Salad sandwich on a Kaiser roll, and chips...

CD

Back
Top Bottom