Unconventional pizza toppings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I cooked stuffed squid once, I just made a simple stuffing with breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, egg to hold it together, EVOO , crushed garlic and parmesan.
They can be either cooked in a tomato sauce or oven baked.
There are lots of different recipes, this is just one of them:

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing.

Mushrooms, Olives and a ton of gooey cheese.
Optional would be a spicy dry sausage and or spinach (NOT kale! LOL)
Lots of olives it was.
No cheese, but caramalised onions & anchovies
IMG_20241017_190859_089.jpg

oopsie... forgot, along with the ban on Kale, next most no-no Anchovies! :LOL:

note:
I do use anchovies as a flavour booster where it dissolves into the dish .
I've never eaten an anchovy. Nor do I really have the desire to. But I've heard of folks using anchovy paste in certain dishes.

I like anchovies, but they are a bit strong. I remember liking to have anchovies on my egg sandwiches, when I was a kid. Now, I find that whole anchovies are a bit much for my taste. I don't mind a few anchovies on a large pizza, if they are chopped into no longer than 1 inch pieces, and preferably a bit smaller. I remember the first time me and friends ordered a pizza and someone wanted anchovies. I said sure. I swear, they put the entire contents of one little can of anchovies on that pizza. Blech! That was an unpleasant surprise. The pizza was okay, once I picked all the anchovies off of my slices. There was still enough of the fishy oil left to detract from the whole.

I do like to use anchovies as an ingredient, either the ones from a jar or the paste. Now, I often make my life simpler by using Asian fish sauce* instead, as my umami booster.

*Yes, I read ingredients. I know that a lot of Asian fish sauce is mostly just anchovies and salt.

Yes I have. But I've never eaten a whole anchovy, like on pizza, etc. I've never had a Caesar salad that tasted 'fishy', so I don't really know they're even in there.

Most restaurant "Caesar Salads" are just lettuce, some pre-made dressing and croutons. I seriously doubt there is any anchovy in them.

CD

Most restaurant "Caesar Salads" are just lettuce, some pre-made dressing and croutons. I seriously doubt there is any anchovy in them.

CD
That's what I've always thought. Maybe a higher-end restaurant that makes their own dressing does it the traditional way, but I doubt anyone else does.

That's what I've always thought. Maybe a higher-end restaurant that makes their own dressing does it the traditional way, but I doubt anyone else does.

Back in the sixties, nicer restaurants had waiters who would make caesar salads from scratch table side. It is probably hard to find that now.

CD

Back
Top Bottom