Unconventional pizza toppings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The OP is making the forum rounds with same question. Is this a survey of sum sort?

I didn't know the word arugula until joining this site, I realise now it's the translation of "rucola". I thought it was called "rocket" in English.
Anyway, really goes well with mozzarella or other soft cheeses because of its pungent, bitter taste.
We usually have the wild variety growing on our land during the Winter season.

I like the sound of the B and T part, not sure about the L part. I do love grilled romaine lettuce, so I certainly see the potential. Have you tried romaine instead of iceberg? I think it is the iceberg part I worry about. How does it stand up to the heat of the oven?

I sprinkle romaine lettuce leaves with some EVOO and fresh black pepper, and toss it on the grill. I did not invent that -- a lot of people have been doing that for years.

I can certainly see a BLT pizza being a good thing. Certainly nothing weird about it.

CD
Not too well, if you leave it in too long. And if I have leftovers, by the next day the lettuce is slightly browned and not looking so hot. But I'll eat it anyway. I never microwave leftover pizza. I always heat it on the stovetop in a pan to get the crust nice and crunchy. So that helps offset the lettuce that is now soft.

You're supposed to put the chopped lettuce on the pizza once it comes out of the oven, then leave it alone. That way you get fresh, crunchy lettuce. But it's just a weird thing of mine to stick it back in to wilt the lettuce some.

I've never tried romaine on my BLT pizzas. Will have to do that sometime and see how it holds up compared to the iceberg.

I didn't know the word arugula until joining this site, I realise now it's the translation of "rucola". I thought it was called "rocket" in English.
Anyway, really goes well with mozzarella or other soft cheeses because of its pungent, bitter taste.
We usually have the wild variety growing on our land during the Winter season.
They call it "rocket" in the UK, but not here in the states.

A traditional Margherita will do for me, thank you😃.
I've never tried a Rossini, invented in Central Italy as a tribute to the composer who was born there. The mayonnaise should be homemade, though . 😁

One which we consider unconventional is pizza with chips and frankfurters 🙂, I'd never choose it🙄.
Of course ham and pineapple are very unconventional but it's only offered in some pizzerias because of tourist demand 🙂.
Those chips, are they what we call French fries on the left side of the pond or what we call potato chips on the left side of the pond.

Those chips, are they what we call French fries on the left side of the pond or what we call potato chips on the left side of the pond.
Are you talking left side with your back to the North Pole? or the South Pole?
Do arugula sprouts have as intense a flavour as the full grown leaves?
I've found that most sprouts have only just a hint of flavour to their full grown leaves, if any at all. Mustard sprouts are the only ones that I found a noticeable strength to them.

Are you talking left side with your back to the North Pole? or the South Pole?

I've found that most sprouts have only just a hint of flavour to their full grown leaves, if any at all. Mustard sprouts are the only ones that I found a noticeable strength to them.
When looking at a map, of course. And that map should be the standard map that has the North Pole at the top.

French is one of the few languages I never tried to learn, simply because the French are NOT hooked on phonics.
Once you understand the pronunciation rules for French spelling, it is actually easy to pronounce from reading it. OTOH, guessing how to spell it can be a challenge. For example, the last syllable of Bordeaux, which is pronounced approximately "o", could have been eau, eaux, ault, and it would still be pronounced the same way. One actually sees many of those variations of the o sound at the end of family names.

My son, Plague of Locusts, is fluent in French, without an accent, but he studied it from third grade all the way through high school, including 2 years at le collège Athol Murray de Notre-Dame in Wilcox, Saskatchewan.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom