Unconventional pizza toppings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure how uncommon it is, but arugula sure tastes good on a plan cheese slice. I once brought in a bunch of arugula for a friend on a day we were having a meeting at work ( where we ordered a bunch of pies). I saw her grab a bunch of arugula and put it on her slice . At first I was taken back, as I've never done it before. tried it myself, and loved it. Now I do it every chance I get .
That’s how they very often serve pizza in Italy. I love it!

French is one of the few languages I never tried to learn, simply because the French are NOT hooked on phonics.
I'm sorry, but that's a bit rich coming from an English speaker.
If thereis one language not phonetic, it's English

Back on topic,
I like pizza without tomato sauce and often use cream cheese or even yoghurt instead

That is how I add fresh basil from my garden to pizza. I have to try it with arugula.

I should really see if I can grow arugula here. It is similar to some weeds, so all I should need to do is plant it where I don't want it, and it should thrive.

CD
To me, that is pretty much the definition of a weed. It's a plant growing where you don't want it. Some "weeds" are grown intentionally by people who don't think of them as weeds. Mint comes to mind.

To me, that is pretty much the definition of a weed. It's a plant growing where you don't want it. Some "weeds" are grown intentionally by people who don't think of them as weeds. Mint comes to mind.

Mint is the worst. I will never plant it in my yard. It will take over the whole yard.

CD

That is how I add fresh basil from my garden to pizza. I have to try it with arugula.

I should really see if I can grow arugula here. It is similar to some weeds, so all I should need to do is plant it where I don't want it, and it should thrive.

CD
It should do well where you live, I don't think you often see snow and ice in the Winter.

It should do well where you live, I don't think you often see snow and ice in the Winter.

We get some snow and ice, but not usually a lot. Most of my herbs survive through winter, even with snow and ice, but I move my basil indoors, where I have a big South facing window.

CD

I can contain my mint, but Thai basil has taken over...
It lovesmy climate

Like Goldenrod - Beauty of a Beast
The blessing of goldenrod that we learned this year, was that the bees harvested it hard, along with the sunflowers. It signifies the end of the season for bees to harvest. The gold color translated to the honey, the deepest yellow, and instead of white wax and golden colored honey, the wax was also gold. It's distinctive of the last honey of the season being extracted and in our case the last of the honeycomb harvested. When we compare the comb from mid summer to the comb from fall harvest, the color is most noticeable.

I'm sorry, but that's a bit rich coming from an English speaker.
If thereis one language not phonetic, it's English
But then, I grew up speaking English, (and Sicilian). English is a Germanic language (which I also speak), which is totally phoenetic. Of course, over a few millennea words and phrases from assorted romance languages have been incorporated, but it is still more phonetic than most romance languages, and especially French.

I'm getting confused here, can we actually refer to a language as being phonetic or not? The English language for example has a phonetic system to help foreign students with the pronunciation, as English is not spoken how it's written. You often find this phonetic chart in English language course books for foreign learners of English.

Attachments

• phonetic-chart.gif
    phonetic-chart.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 2
I can contain my mint, but Thai basil has taken over...
It lovesmy climate

My oregano is grows all year around, even under snow. Every once in. a while I have to take a weed-whacker to it to keep it from taking over the yard.

CD

Last edited:
I'm getting confused here, can we actually refer to a language as being phonetic or not? The English language for example has a phonetic system to help foreign students with the pronunciation, as English is not spoken how it's written. You often find this phonetic chart in English language course books for foreign learners of English.

Huked on fonix wuz gud for me.

CD

I grew up in an era before phonics became a popular tool. first time I saw it could not make heads nor tails of it... and still can't. It's true, some old dogs dragns just can't learn new tricks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom