Unconventional pizza toppings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I cooked stuffed squid once, I just made a simple stuffing with breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, egg to hold it together, EVOO , crushed garlic and parmesan.
They can be either cooked in a tomato sauce or oven baked.
There are lots of different recipes, this is just one of them:

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing.

Mushrooms, Olives and a ton of gooey cheese.
Optional would be a spicy dry sausage and or spinach (NOT kale! LOL)
Lots of olives it was.
No cheese, but caramalised onions & anchovies
IMG_20241017_190859_089.jpg

oopsie... forgot, along with the ban on Kale, next most no-no Anchovies! :LOL:

note:
I do use anchovies as a flavour booster where it dissolves into the dish .
I've never eaten an anchovy. Nor do I really have the desire to. But I've heard of folks using anchovy paste in certain dishes.

I like anchovies, but they are a bit strong. I remember liking to have anchovies on my egg sandwiches, when I was a kid. Now, I find that whole anchovies are a bit much for my taste. I don't mind a few anchovies on a large pizza, if they are chopped into no longer than 1 inch pieces, and preferably a bit smaller. I remember the first time me and friends ordered a pizza and someone wanted anchovies. I said sure. I swear, they put the entire contents of one little can of anchovies on that pizza. Blech! That was an unpleasant surprise. The pizza was okay, once I picked all the anchovies off of my slices. There was still enough of the fishy oil left to detract from the whole.

I do like to use anchovies as an ingredient, either the ones from a jar or the paste. Now, I often make my life simpler by using Asian fish sauce* instead, as my umami booster.

*Yes, I read ingredients. I know that a lot of Asian fish sauce is mostly just anchovies and salt.

Back
Top Bottom