Tuesday, July 9, 2024, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Tovala meals of Korean BBQ chicken with rice and broccoli tossed with a sweet sesame dressing and fried noodles. Added some bulgogi soup dumplings ftom the Asian market.
20240709_182419.jpg

Chicken legs and thighs, scalloped potatoes, pickles (gherkins or beets, garden string beans and cornbread. I made my cafeteria noodles from a rotisserie chicken I got a few days ago, and we had it for dinner twice and lunch once. Tonight, I asked Frank to remove the legs and thighs off of the carcass. He said, "Oh, so dinner tonight is chicken scraps?" Um...yesss. Maybe I will make chicken scrap and matzo ball soup tomorrow. :LOL:

20240709_174906 (1).jpg

I tried another type of vegan burger patty. This time it was a Mexican 3 bean patty. I liked the previous one, sweet potato and black bean, better. This one was a bit too "beany", but it was okay. I was also trying out some new hamburger buns. I'm familiar with this brand from the health food store. They are made of mostly khorasan wheat (trademarked name - Kamut). Those buns were quite good. They are only partially whole grain, but in my opinion better than white buns or whole wheat buns with a bunch of added chemicals. I garnished the burger with lettuce, red onion, deseeded tomato slices, and giardiniera.

Vegan 3 bean burger on khorasan wheat bun sm.jpg
Vegan 3 bean burger on khorasan wheat bun againsm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom