Taco Tuesday! December 19, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Not tacos, but close. Fajitzas. A restaurant that was next door to where DD had a part-time job as a college student came up with the idea for these. They used to try out their new ideas on the college kids employed where DD was, basically guinea pigs for free food, the kids loved the restaurant. The fajitzas were a HUGE hit with the kids and subsequently restaurant patrons.

They used extra large tortillas, 14 and 16 inch, but we just used the large burrito size. Oiled and pre baked until they started to crisp. Taco sauce or a cooked, strained salsa, Mexican blend shredded cheese, onion and bell pepper strips precooked with some garlic, and just barely cooked extremely thin sliced rib eye with fajita seasoning. Crema drizzled on after baking.

20231219_182601.jpg

We had stir fry/tomato/veggie rice for lunch so dinner was up in the air. Mr bliss had a plate of air fried french fries with mushroom gravy and a meal sized salad.
I had a bowl of broccoli stems and brussel sprouts with a couple sprinkles of mustard powder and balsamic vinegar and honey. Then the long island cheese pumpkin was coming out of the oven so I hacked a chunk off of it and had it hot with balsamic vinegar/honey drizzled on it. Delicious. (after it cools I'll save the rest of it in 3 cup containers for making pie over the holidays)

I didn't eat until 3pm today and then it was a quarter pounder from McDonald's. When I got home, I ate some cheesecake and then had a couple waffles at 9. So that was supper.

Last night I made that Cheesey Hamburger Helper Hashbrowns and it was awful. It needed a ton more cheese and who knows what else. Anyway, I got two small meals off of it and I generally never do this, but I threw the rest out, because I knew I wouldn't eat it. *sigh*

DH went out to late lunch with a friend. Today, I just didn't have the spoons to go along. But, DH brought me home some food. They went to a Korean resto and I checked out the menu and asked for some bulgogi dupbap. It was quite good. DH had chicken bibimbap in a stone bowl. He really enjoyed that. The bulgogi dupbap was a large serving, so it was a snack and my supper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom