Sunday, February 25, 2024 - What are you having for National Clam Chowder Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We had Clam Chowder!

20240225_180859.jpg

InnovAsian meals that were on BOGO. Orange chicken for me, General Tso's chicken for Craig. They were both okay, but nothing special, and the General's chicken didn't have much spice at all per Craig. Also had vegetable spring rolls that were good. They were on BOGO too. Pic of mine.
20240225_183943.jpg

Salad of romaine, broccoli, apples, tomatoes, pickles, red beans, wheat berries, seasoned tempeh, ranch dressing. A present from my son, a lb of dark chocolate expresso beans. I had 2. They are delicious. The first time I had one was 40 years ago. They are still just as good. Crispy, smooth, bitter, sweet.

I bake them twice, eat 1 and freeze the planned overs. Then, all I have to do is to defrost them and warm them up. Easy, peasy.
Thank you. Good to know. I have never frozen twice baked potatoes, only used them "fresh". Are there foods that aren't good to mix into the tater before freezing them? Stuff that goes weird in the freezer?

Thank you. Good to know. I have never frozen twice baked potatoes, only used them "fresh". Are there foods that aren't good to mix into the tater before freezing them? Stuff that goes weird in the freezer?
I started freezing them, years ago. It doesn't take much more effort to make 6 or 8, instead of just 2. I've never had any issues with anything I put into them. Plenty of butter, cheddar cheese (in & on), green onions...and enough milk or cream to make them like a stiff mashed tater. Plus whatever seasonings you like...salt, pepper...and some paprika on top.

Back
Top Bottom