February 17, 2024, what's for dinner this Saturday night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We got takeout last night, lasagna for Craig and pasta Alfredo for me, plus garlic rolls. We got LOTS of extra garlic rolls because they way underestimated the time for the food to be ready, as did other takeout orders.

Tonight was mojo pork stew. Pork cubes with onions, garlic, carrots, little Yukon Golds, and mushrooms with obviously mojo, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper.

I didn't get hardly anything done I had planned for today. We had to make an unexpected trip to the vet this morning. I'll explain in the pet thread.

Collards and greek lemon spinach lentil soup, green beans with a cheeze sauce.
Energy bar dessert, a little square of oatmeal, dried cherries, dark chocolate, walnuts, and date paste. Divine.

I had seen recently in our area a young gal with a home cottage business making sweet as well as savory Puff Pastry items, I couldn't resist!
IMG_3660.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG

Chicken Pot Pie Pastries served with a nice Salad, very good!
I have one more cupcake leftover for dessert later ;)

My oven is on the fritz. :mad: It has been acting hinky for a bit...but then works just fine again. Sigh. This time it isn't cooperating one bit...so I've got a portable/countertop oven working on our dinner. We are having Rigatoni with Four Cheeses. It is a recipe from one of those little pamphlet type cookbooks. From the Wisconsin Cheese something-er-other. It is a favorite and I'm sure it will be great tonight too. We'll have some garlic toast too.

Stir-fry. Pea pods, bean sprouts, button mushrooms, celery, broccoli, green onions, and pork tenderloin, marinated in white wine, teriyaki sauce and rice vinegar. I usually make this with linguini (cheaper and easier to find than lo mien noodles) but this time I used bucatini on a lark.

The pork tenderloin wasn't as tender as hoped but otherwise, this was damn good vittles.

Last edited:
I made a salad and reheated the tartiflette. The salad had Romaine lettuce, carrot, scallions, cauliflower, mustard greens, upland cress, and a fair amount of parsley. The vinaigrette had red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic smashed with coarse salt, freshly ground pepper, anchovy paste, and EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). The salad turned out really good and so did the vinaigrette. The photo is mostly for the salad.

Reheated tartiflette and a salad.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom