Saturday's Dinner Thread - 9/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Seared Ham Slab on a bed of White Buttered Ric with Grilled Pineapple Slices, Steamed Snap Peas and some Lefty Beets........

Ham and Pineapple.jpg

We ordered from a "Brasserie" (Quebec style pub) that we have enjoyed eating at. We didn't think of ordering from them before, because it's not really the type of place that would usually deliver. I had pig's knuckles with sauerkraut and a baked potato. It was very good. DH had lasagna, which was also very tasty.

We ordered out for individual pizzas. Meatlovers for me, spinach, tomato and garlic for SO.

BA5DE6AA-6290-4772-B0A2-9D463E79E38A_1_105_c.jpg

DH's birthday dinner out at our new-ish Asian Bistro

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

Assorted Maki Sushi for DH, Ginger Chicken for moi and House Special Lo Mein for Mom.
Not shown appies, Edamame, Egg Roll and Pot Stickers.
We have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie later for the birthday boy.

Happy birthday to your DH, K-Girl.

I pulled out a couple of cutting boards and loaded them up with cheeses, charcuterie, fruits, bread. We had some of the J. Lohr wine that Bitser recommended recently - tasty!

IMG_20210925_211030761.jpgIMG_20210925_211055231.jpg

Last edited:
CG, I agree with Kgirl. That spread does look glorious. I like your idea of putting the stuff on cutting boards. I will probably give that a go.

I made a chocolate cake and brought it over to our friends' house for pizza lessons. I made the first pizza and then she was off and running for the next 3 pizzas! We had enough to share with a neighbor. (She bought the pizza oven over a year ago, but after a disastrous first try, they had been afraid to try again. She's a pro now!) No pictures but a tasty meal and fun time!

Thanks K-Girl and taxy! Every time I decide to do this, though, I figure it will be a quick meal. Instead, I spend too much time fussing with its arrangement. Next time I'm slapping packaged cheese and deli bags on the counter and calling it done. [emoji38]

We had corn on the cob for dinner, with lemon garlic oregano brushed on with chili powder and a little salt. Fresh baked baked potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom