REC:Succulent Grilled Pork Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
1 cup Mayo
2 Tbls lime juice
2 Tbls. chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
8 pork chops
Mix ingredients together. Reserve 1/2 cup and set aside
Brush mixture onto pork chops as you grill.
Serve with reserved mixture.

Question: Is there something that I can substitue with the cilantro? I hate cilantro.

Mud, it shouldn't curdle it; mayo is pretty indestructable!

I just made a lemon tart that called for 3/4 cup of heavy cream in addition to all the lemon juice; I was scared stiff it was all going to curdle when I poured the cream in, but it was fine.

Let's back up a sec. Won't the lime juice curdle the mayo?
Should be fine, store bought mayos are typically loaded with stablizers so it should hold up against the acidity of the lime juice :)

I really don't like living in a small town!
We have a Brookshires and they don't ever have anything new or out of the ordinary. They didn't have the chipotle chili powder:censored:
I even looked for some kind of chipotle sauce, oh no, not them!!

Is there a way to make my own?

texasgirl said:
I really don't like living in a small town!
We have a Brookshires and they don't ever have anything new or out of the ordinary. They didn't have the chipotle chili powder:censored:
I even looked for some kind of chipotle sauce, oh no, not them!!

Is there a way to make my own?

Girl, you have to get a Penzey's catalog...............

can't find mine right now, but I know someone has posted a link here before. Do a search for Penzey's.

mudbug said:
Girl, you have to get a Penzey's catalog...............

can't find mine right now, but I know someone has posted a link here before. Do a search for Penzey's.

found it mudbug, thank you!:)

Okay, until I get the spices that I ordered, is there a way I can make my own? I wanted to make this tomorrow.

Let's see, texasgirl ... in answer to your original question, you can substitute parsley for cilantro (I hate cilantro, too - does it taste like plastic to you, too?)

Secondly, to make your own chipotle powder, you can buy dried chipotles and pulverize them in a coffee grinder. Chipotles are smoked, dried jalapenos which you COULD make them yourself from fresh jalapenos, but that's way too much work, as far as I'm concerned.

Lee

Thank you!! Hopefully, the store has the peppers. If not, I guess I will just have to drive the 30 miles to Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom