Small Batch Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Brownies 24.03.16 single serve a.jpg
brownies 24.03.16 single serve b.jpg

These small batch Brownies are delicious, easy and perfect. My little cast iron pans are amazing for this. Recipe compliments of One Dish Kitchen it comes together really fast.

Ingredients are simple, nothing complicated to measure or prep, aside from measuring the most is melting the butter (I do it in the micro) and chopping the nuts. I use a mix of pecan and walnut.
  • 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) butter, melted *
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt *
  • 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
*Note: I use a very generous amount of salt if I should happen to use unsalted butter.

Preheat your oven. Butter a 4x6 or 5x5 baking pan.
Stir together melted butter and sugar, then add in the egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, stir/whisk the flour, cocoa, baking posder and salt.

Mix dry with wet, Stir in nuts, Pour into pan.
Bake approx. 20-25 minutes. and let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and enjoying it.

Suggest you hide it in the cupboard so as to be 'out of sight, out of mind' Both from yourself and any others wondering by. :innocent:

Looks good!
There are dozens of chocolate cake in a cup recipes out there if you want one serving.
Like this: https://www.noracooks.com/vegan-mug-cake/
IMG_2981.jpg

I would probably pick one without oil, then sweeten it with honey, use non-dairy chips, but that is the great thing about recipes, you can make it your own.
This is a single serving brownie. https://theliveinkitchen.com/vegan-single-serving-brownie/
I haven't turned down chocolate recently. We have some black bean brownies with chocolate chips and dried cherries in the fridge, calling my name.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom