Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about both these signs:

"Don't Mess with Badgers
For You are Crunchy
And Taste Good With Ketchup"

"BEWARE
YOU ARE TRESPASSING ON
BADGER TERRITORY'
LOL!
I'm going to go through my art cabinets. They a filled with all kinds of supplies. Just saw a stack of wooden boards medium sized for wood burning kits and some stencils that haven't been opened yet.
Must have are getting checked off...

Wooden boards.. check
Paints/stains..check
Stencils all the alphabet.. check
Paint sticks a whole box!..check
Glue guns and sticks 5 of those babies... check
Staple guns 2 Hobby and house hold... check
Paint brushes, roller and a sprayer... check.
Wood burning kits x's 2 with different decorative tips... check

Time to check my neighbors ;)
You guys are so cool. :) Thank you.

Chef, the cat poo can be scooped up and tossed into the neighbor's yard.
About the overzealous neighbor who reported your grass--go to that neighbor and tell them why the grass is longer. I'm sure they have been rained on also, and tell them if their grass gets long, you will call code enforcement. Tit for Tat!
What happened to having a real neighborhood rather than a bunch of tattletales, snoops, and nasty people?
The 2 that I'm suspecting Mr Poo next door, no Winney here, had a fake very expensive lawn put in. He's seriously C.D.O. :(

The other is across the street. The day and time stamp on the pic is the day they had a fake lawn put in. She's the one that when she would see me walk over and make comments about the crabgrass in the small planter area. "What are you going to do about that?" Told her nothing unless it bites me first!

You know...many, many years ago, people would do acts of kindness, instead. When our very elderly neighbor passed and left his equally senior, lovely, sweet, tiny, wife behind...we would do all sorts of things to help her out. I don't remember what it was exactly that DH did to prompt it, but Bess (the neighbor) came to me and asked what she might bake for him as a thank you. Something special. The only thing I could think of was, "He likes Lemon Meringue Pie!" She said she had not made one in years, but that she would do that!

For this same neighbor, I remember the Boy Scouts (or was it some other group of young men?), came and did a huge clean up on her backyard. Our yards were over 300 feet deep, so it was a sizeable task for them...that they repeated, in the future too...Bess had always taken care of the inside of the house and the outside was her husband's territory.

Things were different...

You know...many, many years ago, people would do acts of kindness, instead. When our very elderly neighbor passed and left his equally senior, lovely, sweet, tiny, wife behind...we would do all sorts of things to help her out. I don't remember what it was exactly that DH did to prompt it, but Bess (the neighbor) came to me and asked what she might bake for him as a thank you. Something special. The only thing I could think of was, "He likes Lemon Meringue Pie!" She said she had not made one in years, but that she would do that!

For this same neighbor, I remember the Boy Scouts (or was it some other group of young men?), came and did a huge clean up on her backyard. Our yards were over 300 feet deep, so it was a sizeable task for them...that they repeated, in the future too...Bess had always taken care of the inside of the house and the outside was her husband's territory.

Things were different...
I at my old house did the Raks. My sons watched me do it.
Told them why. They were young. Must have instilled something good deep into them by doing it. They started doing it. To this day both are grown men now they do the Raks. Like me leave their name out of it.

That's funny. I have a pull over sweatshirt hoodie that says "DON'T MESS WITH THE HONEY BADGER." It has a iron on Badger that looks like it's taking something out. For life!. Scary.
I only wear that in public when necessary.
My small dog is half Dachshund - [which translates from German to "Badger Dog"] - mom being a pure-bred Standard Dachshund and dad being a randy little Minpin who seduced her during a one-night stand, and I have a collection of Dachshund joke memes - one of which is

HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE.jpg

I'm very impressed with that lawnmower.
Did the front lawn yesterday. It looks like a pro stepped in nice edging job. The mower was so quiet. Had my doubts about it to be honest. Never bought a battery powered mower before.
A friend of mine told me it would probably be garbage that I wasted money on. Not the case. It took care of that lawn like it was nothing.
It should quiet the code inspectors. If they want to see my back yard I'll be asking for a warrant.
I didn't do my neighbors any favors though. Wasn't feeling it at the time.
What cut mulch went into their driveway stayed there.
Normally I'd have swept it up sidewalks to. Left it to the wind. ;)

I can't find the what are you doing thread, so I'll post this here.

So, we lost power. Hydro Québec is, according to their app, analyzing the problem. They are guesstimating that we will have power back at 16h00. But, they haven't finished analyzing the problem yet. According to there app, this is a major outage and that may effect the estimated time for the power to come back.

Well, we knew there was freezing rain coming, so I did top up the power on my two power packs. Luckily, the data on my phone resets in three days, so I don't mind using the phone as a hot spot for internet. I do have the phone plugged into a battery pack. Broadcasting as a hot spot really uses a lot of power, at least on my phone.

Sure...but I do not live alone....so there are other choices on there too.

Not news shows, but if ex SIL didn't watch within a couple months or so and DVR was getting full, DD would delete. He very rarely realized it. He also would tell her to DVR something that she wanted to watch and they'd watch it together later, but never wanted to watch later, so she quit waiting on him. He rarely realized that either unless he came home while it was playing.

Craig doesn't know how to set the DVR or delete anything, and I usually have to talk him through getting a show to play, so I don't have that problem.

Fingers crossed for your power, Taxy!

After about a year, some shows just disappear! ;) Poof!
Thank you. I'm having a hard time not remembering the "Great Ice Storm of 1997", when we were without power for eight days. Now, they are saying they expect the power to be back by the end of the day, but that times are approximate, due to the massive number of ongoing outages.

Feeling grumpy... can't seem to get a handle on how facebook works anymore. Getting too old for this sh... crap. Think I'll just go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom