Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you are that little and a predator, you gotta be tough.
You just summed up why I stopped picking on my baby sister when she turned 11, and I realized she was two inches taller. My sister can STILL easily lift 50 lbs. At 11, she could also flatten me AND she was (and still is) faster than me. I had to resort to "age and treachery" tactics aka mind games. :whistling

I suppose I should expound on that. ^

It was a quiet evening on July 25th. I was in the kitchen making our (usual) late supper, Himself had been in the basement hanging a utility light fixture where he planned on setting up his workbench. He walks past me with the box in his hand to the garage and goes out. Five minutes, ten minutes...what is taking him so long? I open the door and call his name. In reply I get a feeble little "help"..."help". I follow the sounds...to the stepladder on its side, Himself laying in the grass bleeding, his glasses off to one side of his head, and his nose looking not-quite-centered in his face. *sigh*

Might I add that this is 10:45 PM.

Off to the ER. We got back after 4:30 AM. He had nose surgery the following Monday. Now Loverly is all bummed that the little bump at the top of his nose is gone. :LOL:

He now has to ask me for a garage pass if he wants to go out after 8:00 PM. AND he will have me shadowing him.

I suppose I should expound on that. ^

It was a quiet evening on July 25th. I was in the kitchen making our (usual) late supper, Himself had been in the basement hanging a utility light fixture where he planned on setting up his workbench. He walks past me with the box in his hand to the garage and goes out. Five minutes, ten minutes...what is taking him so long? I open the door and call his name. In reply I get a feeble little "help"..."help". I follow the sounds...to the stepladder on its side, Himself laying in the grass bleeding, his glasses off to one side of his head, and his nose looking not-quite-centered in his face. *sigh*

Might I add that this is 10:45 PM.

Off to the ER. We got back after 4:30 AM. He had nose surgery the following Monday. Now Loverly is all bummed that the little bump at the top of his nose is gone. :LOL:

He now has to ask me for a garage pass if he wants to go out after 8:00 PM. AND he will have me shadowing him.

I hope the proper amount of time has passed that we can laugh about this?

My nose has been broken twice. Both times were equally as embarrassing as what your DH went through. Noses actually heal pretty fast, from my experience. The teasing from his family will be the lasting PITA.

CD

Laugh away, CD, laugh away! He was pretty miserable and beat-up looking until the surgery. By then, most of the pain had subsided (major headache) and his black eyes were very faint. After surgery, no real headache and additional bruising. Loverly warned her Dad that after Goober had his nose fixed (deviated septum), he had black eyes and a headache for 4 days. Welp, Dad took care of both of those problems by pre-breaking his nose before surgery. :LOL: He was miserable from not being able to breathe, though. For the first week he had both internal packing/splints and an external splint that looked like an exoskeleton. The external splint came off last week Monday. Since then he's lost the internal splint and packing from one nostril, which is something that will normally occur. His next appointment is Tuesday, when they'll remove anything else that might still be hanging around since surgery. I'm figuring that will be the last time he will need to see this doctor. At least it better be. :cautious: :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure his darling daughter will remind him of this regularly. If not, I'll remind her to bring it up regularly...

Laugh away, CD, laugh away! He was pretty miserable and beat-up looking until the surgery. By then, most of the pain had subsided (major headache) and his black eyes were very faint. After surgery, no real headache and additional bruising. Loverly warned her Dad that after Goober had his nose fixed (deviated septum), he had black eyes and a headache for 4 days. Welp, Dad took care of both of those problems by pre-breaking his nose before surgery. :LOL: He was miserable from not being able to breathe, though. For the first week he had both internal packing/splints and an external splint that looked like an exoskeleton. The external splint came off last week Monday. Since then he's lost the internal splint and packing from one nostril, which is something that will normally occur. His next appointment is Tuesday, when they'll remove anything else that might still be hanging around since surgery. I'm figuring that will be the last time he will need to see this doctor. At least it better be. :cautious: :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure his darling daughter will remind him of this regularly. If not, I'll remind her to bring it up regularly...

I had a girlfriend back in the late 80s, early 90s (the one I SHOULD have married). She walked into a very clean store window at the mall, thinking it was a doorway (I've done the same thing). She didn't break her nose, but she got the bruising in the nose and around the eyes. Until the bruising went away, people looked at us in public, and gave ME dirty looks. A couple of her co-workers even pulled her aside and asked her I beat her up. She told them what happened, but I'm not sure they believed her. :ROFLMAO:

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom