Petty Vents II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh dear.... the dragn backs down!
dopey.jpg

My vent is microwave design.

Some years ago I was able to buy a microwave with a 13" turntable and 1000 watts of power that was only 18"wide. This was perfect because it fit in a small section of kitchen counter between the stove and fridge (18" wide). The clever designers accomplished this by putting the control panel across the top of the microwave rather than the side. The 13" turntable accommodated our square dinner plates.

Apparently this didn't sell because I cannot find one to save my life. I had to rearrange my whole countertop to accommodate a larger microwave with the same power and a smaller turntable which does not accommodate our square dinner plates.

Now it's starting to die out and I'm going to have to get frustrated again.

@Andy M. - I'm not wishing to make things any worse...that said, maybe it is time to take a good look around the kitchen and see if there might be any other options for a place to place the microwave? Might there be a drawer space that could be converted to take a "drawer" style microwave? Or, a place that would allow a microwave cart? Maybe a spot that now holds other things, but could be rearranged?

My kitchen has a built-in spot for the microwave. When the last microwave bit the dust, I decided I wanted one with Inverter technology...and I wanted a 4-in-1. The numbers online seemed to say that it could fit...but, sady, it did not. I could call in a carpenter to make adjustments...I decided not to do that. Instead, I put the bread machine in the old microwave spot and put the new microwave in the bread machine spot. Of course, I cannot put the bread machine to use without moving it to the counter, but I'm okay with that. I love, love, love having that Inverter Technology and I love having the options that the 4-in-1 allows.

That said, that is just me. Whenever DH makes a comment, I warn him off by telling him, "it could just go on your side of the bed!" :ROFLMAO:

@GinnyPNW, I appreciate your thoughts but I have a VERY small kitchen with limited counter space. there is basically one area the microwave could go that's more than 18" wide and that's where the current one is sitting.

Not REALLY a vent but kind of a funny comment was made. Mr bliss had his second accident on the table saw, first was a finger, this time a thumb. I rushed him to the hospital and they did 6 stitches. He's fine, I'm fine. The hospital staff warned him not to do dishes while it is healing. AS IF he ever did the dishes, lol. The whole thing made me smile. I hope it cheers anyone up that is feeling down.

Nope. when I bought this place there was a microwave over the stove. I got rid of it and installed a range hood with a fan that vented outdoors.
Several models of over the range microwaves have options of venting outside or downward depending on how you turn the fan directional piece.

Mine is currently over-the-refrigerator! 😳

It has worked great in my tiny apartment but as I get older I think it’s time to find a counter height solution.

IMO it’s not safe for older folks to be juggling hot dishes with no place available to quickly set them down.
One of my first apartments...and one of the first microwave ovens (talk about a beast)...was on top of the refrigerator...but the fridge was ancient, tiny and came with the apartment. 🤣

Out the front, although certainly not the best choice, is sometimes the only choice depending on the building and access to outside.

Spammers, thieves, and technology that allows these people to exist. Add to it, non-helpful customer service. So I noticed a 100 bucks taken from my checking account for the past couple months. (Mind you, I am not a checking account fanatic.) I call my bank and ask them to whom the money is going. They give me the same info as my statement. I end up googling the company on my statement and get a phone number to a company owned by Fidelity. They immediately contacted their fraud people while my bank charged me 15 dollars to stop future payments to the thieves. Fidelity verified that they had no record of me, but they are willing to chase it down if the bank can give them any other info: Phone number, receiving account issue, etc. Sadly, my credit union does not seem to be able to do that.

Oh....I also discovered today that my personal information has been compromised by the company that had my IRA.

:furious:

Last edited:
The scary thing to me is that these are usually not little mom & pop scams. They are large well organized, well funded groups that operate globally.

It’s particularly sad and frustrating that there doesn’t seem to be any good way to protect ourselves.

@Kathleen, please let us know how you make out. Especially what triggered the charges without your knowledge or consent.

Kathleen, that's horrible - especially the bank charging you. Honestly - I'd change banks, or at least threaten to. You've already been scammed and they are benefiting from it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom