Petty Vents II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My rant today is food delivery people with no common sense, which seems to be a large majority.

People who drop off food keep putting it squarely in front of my storm door so that I can't open the door to get the groceries without wrecking the door and knocking the groceries all over the porch. I even put not to block the door with the groceries on the notes to everybody. I guess they don't put any training into these employees but you would think most people would have better sense than that. Sadly by the time you get the food you've already tipped them and then wish you hadn't.

I'm sure I've posted this elsewhere...this is my best example of dumb food delivery. Why did he bother leaving it?
IMG_4193.jpg

Ginny, he left it because otherwise he would have to tell his boss that he tipped it. This way he can say you tipped it taking it into the house. :mad: no win situ

Texmex, maybe you could put a chair/table next to the door with a big arrow pasted on the storm door with "grocers" written on it. Worth a try?
I've been thinking about putting up a sign but it's hard to attach because the door is metal and then the other is Brick. I am still thinking about a way to do it though like maybe put a but then also manipulation is yet another tool box out there and right on the box or something but I'm afraid it would attract too many porch pirates.

The door dash is worse about it than the grocery delivery. I mean it's right there in special instructions. But seriously common sense just seems to be something of the past.

We were not pleased late yesterday afternoon to find our A/C had died. We've been OK using fans and tomorrow is supposed to be cooler. The A/C guy is coming Monday at 8:00AM.

This in not an expense I was planning on. We replaced our furnace a couple of months ago.
Technician came out Monday morning and tested the AC. Tried a couple of simple fixes that didn't work.

They are back today installing a new A/C and associated parts.

Good timing. This past week has been comfortable-low heat and low humidity. Next week is supposed to be hotter.

Why can't restaurants get the orders right? My birthday was Wednesday, and husband ordered Chinese from the local restaurant (we don't have many choices locally and he wanted me to not cook on my birthday). We ordered Lo Mein, and got fried rice. He was home and we had opened the carton before realizing it was wrong. He offered to take it back and get Lo Mein, but I said we'd just have the fried rice. We also ordered four spring rolls, and got two.
I think we are going to give up trying take-out and just do cook-in.

Aww, that sucks. Sorry it was spoiled for you.

Maybe you should sit back and give directions to hubby for making you supper. Win win situ? with a few chuckles thrown in?
For an extra laugh, sit with your back to him and give him directions, if he doesn't know he has to describe to you what he is doing and ask how. Will be a hilarious test of descriptive powers!
There used to be a TV show like that.
2 Professional chefs could see what the newbies were doing but could not go out and touch, just give verbal directions. Was pretty funny!

Thank you, GinnyPNW. All the day was fine, even though dinner was a bit disappointing.
Dragnlaw, oh no, hubby cooking? Once he put French bread in a cold oven to warm up and didn't turn the oven on. I'll just take my chances and cook my own birthday dinner!
I think your DH would get along great with my DH! When/if you pointed out his error, he probably gave you a look like, "how was I supposed to know?" :ROFLMAO:

We need to see a meal cooked by those guys! :eek::ROFLMAO::devilish:
Don't hold your breath! DH was raised in his grandparents home. Grandma did everything for him. To say she was a great cook and homemaker would be a great understatement. When we got married, DH "mentioned" that Grandma ironed everything, including his sheets and underwear. Don't ask what I said! :ninja:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom