2024 Sunday May 12 Supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I took the easy way and roasted a chicken leg and a couple of Santiago Lime & Cilantro sausages and a parcooked, sliced up potato, in the toaster oven. I made a salad of Boston and romaine lettuces, mustard greens, shaved red onion, cucumber, tomato, corn kernels, and peas. I made a blue cheese dressing to go with that. I ate the drumstick and 1/3 of a sausage. I didn't finish the salad, dressing, or potatoes either. So, the thigh will either be a snack, part of a stir fry, or part of chicken salad. I have no doubts that I will find something to use cooked sausage for. I had a glass of milk with supper.

Attachments

• roasted chicken, sausage, and potato plus salad with blue cheese drissing.jpg
    roasted chicken, sausage, and potato plus salad with blue cheese drissing.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 18
  • Roasted chicken leg, sausage, and potato slices along with a salad with blue cheese dressing.jpg
    Roasted chicken leg, sausage, and potato slices along with a salad with blue cheese dressing.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 12
I made mussels with a lemon-garlic sauce with my leftover mussels from the other night. I had pineapple that rounded it out along with some garlic French bread. I like capers and think the pasta dish could have benefitted from them.

For dessert, I found a recipe called "Magic Cake" that separates into three layers while baking: A soft cookie crust, a custard layer, and a sponge-cake top. I had some blackberry syrup that I smeared on the top. I liked it!

20240512_184356 (1).jpg
20240512_200923 (1).jpg

It was an unusually warm day here in WI, almost 80 deg F today. I had a cold salad of diced beets and onions, chickpeas, ac vinegar, pepper and nu-salt.
The bee people sent me a tin of see's chocolates for mom's day. I cut them all in half so WE could see what was inside. They don't comply with our diet choices but we can't resist.

Meatloaf with scalloped potatoes and some buttered corn. I got Birdseye frozen corn and was a shade disappointed. Usually I'll heat some corn in the microwave with some butter and it's always good. This time the corn was chewy and not so good. So maybe stick to Safeway brand?
For this exact reason, DH insists on White Corn. Never seem to have that issue with white corn.

Back
Top Bottom